Stanzi update as of just now....

goods10

Via 810 WHB Kansas City sports radio via Crenell presser this morning....
Orton is going to be the starter if his finger is healthy enough to go. Stanzi is listed #2 on the dept chart and will play/start if Orton can't go.

It's go time Stanzi!

One of you less than virtuous types should sneak down to KC for the day, hook up with Orton, and try and give him some nasty VD before the game so Ricky can get the start.

I'm looking at you Shane.

Is it REALLY a good thing for Ricky to get thrown directly into the frying pan? I would much rather see him come in - in the 4th quarter when the game is out of hand one way or the other.

What if he just gets lit up? Does it ruin his chance(s) in the future? Doesn't seem very fair to Rick - to me ..........

well this is one of the moments to where he could define his career so I am sure he is chomping at the bit to start?

look at rogers you think he wanted to come in for favre?

Is it REALLY a good thing for Ricky to get thrown directly into the frying pan? I would much rather see him come in - in the 4th quarter when the game is out of hand one way or the other.

What if he just gets lit up? Does it ruin his chance(s) in the future? Doesn't seem very fair to Rick - to me ..........

He's a rookie, so he has got quite a bit of time to turn it around if it really does turn into a complete debacle. Just look at Palko, he's terrible, and they gave him numerous chances.

Either you're good or you aren't. He has to try some time and maybe this is where the world wakes up to how good he is.

...or isn't.

If Stanzi is doing well with what is thrown at him in practice, it shouldn't make any difference if he does well or not. It's the pros. Every team he plays will be tough and throw what they have against a rooky. If he doesn't do well it'll just be one of those games.

However, starting an injured Orton over Stanzi isn't a good sign to me, though. Maybe the Chiefs want to ease Stanzi into the game. But, whatever. Either way, Stanzi will struggle, but it won't be the end of his career if he is making the right reads in practice.

From Crennel's presser earlier today...
"I told my offensive coaches to get both of our QB's ready to go for Sunday". "They will share the reps this week in practice".

Reports are saying Orton is throwing the ball very well with a tight spiral and if the game were today Orton would be the starter. The Chiefs are not wanting to play Stanzi as a rookie. They will avoid it as much as possible but he will remain infront of Palko nonetheless.

Its just weird that Stanzi's been there for the whole yr and Orton with a busted up finger who has been there a couple weeks is ready to play. I doubt Orton is there next yr so why not play Stanzi and see what your possible future holds. The only reason to play Orton is for trade bait in the off season. And thats dumb because everyone knows what he has to offer and what your getting with him. The Chefs will have Cassell, Stanzi and you name the rookie or journyman scrub next yr. Not Orton.

Been listening to 610sports all day.(I'm a Chiefs fan) Orton is good to go, throwing tight spirals in practice today. Orton will start unless something changes between now and Sunday. Crennel did say though, that he would like to see what Stanzi has, how he handles himself. So whether or not he's the starter, Stanzi will be getting some playing time yet this season.

My guess is, once the Packers game gets out of hand(and it will), Stanzi will come in for some pressure free, garbage time reps. Can't wait.

Its just weird that Stanzi's been there for the whole yr and Orton with a busted up finger who has been there a couple weeks is ready to play. I doubt Orton is there next yr so why not play Stanzi and see what your possible future holds. The only reason to play Orton is for trade bait in the off season. And thats dumb because everyone knows what he has to offer and what your getting with him. The Chefs will have Cassell, Stanzi and you name the rookie or journyman scrub next yr. Not Orton.

Disagree. I think if Orton comes in and impresses, he might be resigned here if he wants to. I think(hope) Cassel is gone, and it could be Orton bridging the gap between Cassel and Stanzi/draft pick QBOTF.

Been listening to 610sports all day.(I'm a Chiefs fan) Orton is good to go, throwing tight spirals in practice today. Orton will start unless something changes between now and Sunday. Crennel did say though, that he would like to see what Stanzi has, how he handles himself. So whether or not he's the starter, Stanzi will be getting some playing time yet this season.

My guess is, once the Packers game gets out of hand(and it will), Stanzi will come in for some pressure free, garbage time reps. Can't wait.

Gotta correct myself quick. Listened to Crennel's presser. Crennel said Orton is throwing short passes pretty well. Also said that if the game were today he probably wouldn't be able to go...

Latest posts