Stanzi time?

You are right, jailbreak81.

Whenever a coach does things that people don't agree with that must be the answer. They have given up and they DEFINITELY want to be fired. Because when the going gets tough that is what happens. Coaches chuck it and decide it would be easier to get fired than to turn it around.

What an idiotic statement.

Re: You are right, jailbreak81.

Whenever a coach does things that people don't agree with that must be the answer. They have given up and they DEFINITELY want to be fired. Because when the going gets tough that is what happens. Coaches chuck it and decide it would be easier to get fired than to turn it around.

I don't think anyone thinks Haley wants to get fired. Rather, I think the argument is that he thinks it is inevitable, whether he wins or loses so he's being kind of a "cowboy." Evidently Pioli has been looking for a chance to fire Haley for a while (reportedly, if the Chiefs lost to the Colts he was getting canned). The word in KC is that Pioli and Haley have never gotten along and that Haley never wanted Cassel, but has been stuck with him b/c Pioli gave him a fat contract. The argument I have heard for Haley being a pain in the *** (not difficult to imagine) about the quarterback situation is that he's sticking with his guy (in this case, Palko) as sort of an F.U. to Pioli. I don't necessarily buy it, but just wanted to clarify they whole "Haley has given up" argument.

Not necessarily, Phreek.

The Chiefs are trying to win the AFC West. They must have believed Orton gave them a greater chance of winning games because Orton has NFL games/starter experience.

Palko was yanked because of his turnovers. Now, I see Palko is back in after Orton hurt his pinkie.

If Palko reverts to making lots of turnovers, maybe you'll see Stanzi...
Maybe KC will shut it down for the year.

IMO, if Stanzi doesn't see the field this year it's not bad.

I don't think anyone thinks Haley wants to get fired. Rather, I think the argument is that he thinks it is inevitable, whether he wins or loses so he's being kind of a "cowboy." Evidently Pioli has been looking for a chance to fire Haley for a while (reportedly, if the Chiefs lost to the Colts he was getting canned). The word in KC is that Pioli and Haley have never gotten along and that Haley never wanted Cassel, but has been stuck with him b/c Pioli gave him a fat contract. The argument I have heard for Haley being a pain in the *** (not difficult to imagine) about the quarterback situation is that he's sticking with his guy (in this case, Palko) as sort of an F.U. to Pioli. I don't necessarily buy it, but just wanted to clarify they whole "Haley has given up" argument.

You are right on. His post was in response to my smart a$$ comment at the beginning of the thread. Had I cared to give a more thoughtful evaluation of the situation, I would have said basically what you just did. Nancy got her panties all in a wad over it though. Next time I will make sure to add a #smarta$$response to my post. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Latest posts