Stanzi the Americanzi

2PapioHawks

I have perused the chat boards for months now and I am still amazed at the number of folks who submit blogs expressing their frustration with 'The Manzi'. The bottom line is that he wins...he is a winner. If the Hawks continue to win, Stanzi will end up in select company for winning %. At 18-4 (.818), Stanzi's winning percentage is already better than Matthew Stafford's career at Georgia. Here are some comparison's to other successful QB's to play.

35-6 Tim Tebow (.853)
34-5-1 Danny Wuerffel (.850)
45-8 Colt McCoy (.849)
24-7 Sam Bradford (.774)
35-13-1 Chuck Long (.729)
27-7 Matthew Stafford (.794)
22-4 Daryll Clark (.846)
18-4 The Manzi (.818)

Now I know this is all hypothetical but if we finish 11-2, Stanzi's win/loss record increases to 29-6 which is a winning percentage of .828. 12-1 (30-5) increases to .857 and a BCS victory puts him an amazing winning percentage of .886 (31-4).

He may never go a season without an occasional 'Oh No Ricky', but I sure like they way he wins. Vandy may have more tools and potential but until he wins consistently like Ricky, let's just all agree to let Ricky be our Leader and ride this wave as long as we can. I hear Phoenix is nice this time of year.

You made great points and I'm a Manzi Backer...but the best thing I'm seeing is "Stanzi The Americanzi"...that is hilariously awesome stuff 2PHs!

The big thing for Ricky is that he doesn't let throwing picks affect or intimidate him.He just keeps on slinging the ball.A good example was the next series he threw a completion to DJK after the pick by Tarrent on a similiar route.

Since this doesn't deserve a topic, and can't think of another place to post it, I am officially hijacking this thread.

129073795335611967.jpg

In 1941, Nile Kinnick said "When the members of any nation have come to regard their country as nothing more than the plot of ground on which they reside, and their government as a mere organization for providing police or contracting treaties; when they have ceased to entertain any warmer feelings for one another than those which interest or personal friendship or a mere general philanthropy may produce, the moral dissolution of that nation is at hand." I agree with the man for whom the cathedral that The University of Iowa football team occupies. I am glad that Ricky Stanzi does too.

In 1941, Nile Kinnick said "When the members of any nation have come to regard their country as nothing more than the plot of ground on which they reside, and their government as a mere organization for providing police or contracting treaties; when they have ceased to entertain any warmer feelings for one another than those which interest or personal friendship or a mere general philanthropy may produce, the moral dissolution of that nation is at hand." I agree with the man for whom the cathedral that The University of Iowa football team occupies. I am glad that Ricky Stanzi does too.

Nicely done BG

The guys who continually start threads against Stanzi, KOK, or the offense are just that. Offense haters. These same guys will start a thread about the 'royalty' of Parker and the defense.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGuhZvO1DKg"]YouTube- hulk hogan Real American[/ame]

Since this doesn't deserve a topic, and can't think of another place to post it, I am officially hijacking this thread.

129073795335611967.jpg
As my wife and I were boarding our plane in Miami to come home, a random British fellow stops my wife and says, "I don't know much about your American football, but that #94 is a BEAST! Just a beast and he is only a junior." Pretty cool when folks who don't know Clayborn or the Hawks can definitely see the utter domination put on by the Black and Gold. Go HAWKS!

Latest posts