Stanzi - Pryor -NW QB

bubbadunk

I get sick and tired of hearing Dolph on the radio talking about how good he is!!! He's no more than an average QB on a 7-4 team. Compare him to Pryor and who did what for what team today as well as last week at NW and which QB led their team to victory. Good kid, average Qb especially in big games!!!! I'll be glad to see a new QB on the field next year!

me too actually..I think they've done a good job of hiding Stanzi's flaws (the coaching staff) but when they have to wing it at the end his flaws pop up..

Stanzi will prove you all wrong at the next level. QB can only do so much ya know. Look at the kids record on the field and then look at the kid off the field and realize what a damn fine kid he is. The most popular guy on a FB team is the back up QB, what makes any of you think JVB will do any better with the same OC around? Sure the O-line should be solid, the RB situation should be settled but questions will still arise. Stanzi has done one hell of a job this last 3 years, going to miss the kid!

He's not an instinctive player or winner. Yes he's won a lot of games, but he is lost in the 2 minute drill. Vandenberg is not the answer either mark it down right now.

Stanzi will prove you all wrong at the next level. QB can only do so much ya know. Look at the kids record on the field and then look at the kid off the field and realize what a damn fine kid he is. The most popular guy on a FB team is the back up QB, what makes any of you think JVB will do any better with the same OC around? Sure the O-line should be solid, the RB situation should be settled but questions will still arise. Stanzi has done one hell of a job this last 3 years, going to miss the kid!

Look I like Stanzi, but the guy probably has a 10% or less chance of ever being an opening day starter in the NFL. I hope he succeeds, but there are only a few new NFL QBs a year and you have to be really special to make it into that club.

Look I like Stanzi, but the guy probably has a 10% or less chance of ever being an opening day starter in the NFL. I hope he succeeds, but there are only a few new NFL QBs a year and you have to be really special to make it into that club.
Let's bet on that then! I would take Stanzi in the 3rd or 4th round and make him sit a year or two and learn from a veteran. Kid is going to have a nice NFL career.

Let's bet on that then! I would take Stanzi in the 3rd or 4th round and make him sit a year or two and learn from a veteran. Kid is going to have a nice NFL career.

Stanzi is Jim Sorgi all over again. He'll most likely be a career back up, which I agree is a nice career, but it won't prove anyone on a message board wrong. The accuracy and arm strength that are necessary at that level are amazing and I think Ricky is just a cut below those guys. Maybe it will come with time, maybe it won't. Thing is, if he gets drafted to a team that already has a franchise QB, he may never see the field other than preseason or in mop up duty for several years.

Asking to hit wide open receivers is not too much. Looking at his record tells you very little when he was propped up by GREAT defenses. Not to mention other teams had Shonn Greene to worry about, who was running behind guys like Bulaga and Calloway.

You could not be more wrong. I like Stanzi a great deal, but he has never been able to handle the pressure in the two minute or address a rush. That will not fly in the League.

3rd or 4th? You must not pay much attention to the draft. Teams are still drafting for immediate needs in those rounds depending on how their picks shape up in a given year. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder ffs.

NFL teams are getting smarter and smarter about their QB drafting every year.

3rd or 4th? You must not pay much attention to the draft. Teams are still drafting for immediate needs in those rounds depending on how their picks shape up in a given year. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder ffs.

NFL teams are getting smarter and smarter about their QB drafting every year.

That is why Tebow was drafted in the 1st round then?

May has jumped the gun in the 3rd round but Stanzi will be drafted. He has the tools that are needed.

[/B]
That is why Tebow was drafted in the 1st round then?

May has jumped the gun in the 3rd round but Stanzi will be drafted. He has the tools that are needed.

Yep, he has a viable NFL skill that makes him valuable to an NFL team, and that is scoring TD's on goal line situations, just like he has the past 3 games for the Broncos. While he's not ready to do all of the things an every game NFL QB needs to do he has been on the field this season. Immediately able to play at the NFL level.

Yep, he has a viable NFL skill that makes him valuable to an NFL team, and that is scoring TD's on goal line situations, just like he has the past 3 games for the Broncos. While he's not ready to do all of the things an every game NFL QB needs to do he has been on the field this season. Immediately able to play at the NFL level.
Ok then, but a QB that ran a pro style offense in college isn't even more ready than Tebow? I understand what your saying but Tebow coming in and running the ball and throwing the ball from the 1 yard line is hardly impressive and I'm a Broncos fan! Give Stanzi a solid veteran to learn from and he will be just fine.

Ok then, but a QB that ran a pro style offense in college isn't even more ready than Tebow? I understand what your saying but Tebow coming in and running the ball and throwing the ball from the 1 yard line is hardly impressive and I'm a Broncos fan! Give Stanzi a solid veteran to learn from and he will be just fine.

I hope you're right.

This has nothing to do with Stazni, but my advice would be to stop listening to Gary Dolphin about anything sports related. You'll instantly be smarter and better informed.

I get sick and tired of hearing Dolph on the radio talking about how good he is!!! He's no more than an average QB on a 7-4 team. Compare him to Pryor and who did what for what team today as well as last week at NW and which QB led their team to victory. Good kid, average Qb especially in big games!!!! I'll be glad to see a new QB on the field next year!

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I can't wait until we actually have an average, or god forbid, a below average quarter back.

If I hear anybody refer to Ricky Stanzi or any other fifth year senior as a "kid" I'm going to lose my lunch. He's 23 years old for crying out loud and on national television week in and week out. Please stop relegating these guys to the children's table at Thanksgiving dinner. If they were kids we would most like never had heard of them. My ten year olds are kids, Ricky Stanzi, Adrian Clayborn and the rest are not kids. Give me a break with that.

Rick could hold a clipboard in the NFL for a while, but that will be about it. Poster above is correct. You have to hit guys in stride on a wide open post in stride 30/40 yards down field. Rick can't on a consistent enough basis. Would love to be wrong.

Latest posts