Stanzi pick

AHawk1

I missed the first half of game last night. Someone said on the Stanzi interception the ball was tipped at the line. I didnt hear that on the radio. What did it show on TV?

I missed the first half of game last night. Someone said on the Stanzi interception the ball was tipped at the line. I didnt hear that on the radio. What did it show on TV?

No tip. Late throw on a hook in the right flat against a zone, good jump by the corner, receiver did not come back to the ball and defender stepped inside for the pick and easy 6.

The ball was dead on target to DJK. If it was tipped, it did not affect the flight of the ball. Just Ricky being Ricky. He makes a throw to Sandeman that only a couple of QB's at any level can make and then has to even it out with a throw into coverage that needed an extra 15 mph.

I am pretty sure it was tipped. I kept rewinding and it appeared that it was very lightly tipped

Actually, this is the first conversation I have seen even considering a tip. I will have to look at it again. It was not a wise decision, but definitely should not have been a pick if DJK does what a WR should do.

No tip. Late throw on a hook in the right flat against a zone, good jump by the corner, receiver did not come back to the ball and defender stepped inside for the pick and easy 6.

Spot on description. That is Stanziball, I actually smiled and thought the game was going according to the plan.

I was disappointed the receiver did not come back to the ball, and block off the defender, but all is forgiven with the "W".

Last edited:
Spot on description. That is Stanziball, I actually smiled and thought the game was going according to the plan.

I was disappointed the receiver did not come back to the ball, and block off the defender, but all is forgiven with the "W".

It looked like the defender Tarrant more or less ran over DJK to get the ball. What's the rule on that? Does the defender have the right to run hard into the receiver's back going for the ball? What kept that from being defensive pass interference? (I genuinely don't know the answer but would be interested to.)

If DJK had come back for the ball and there had been more of a collision, what would the likely ruling on the field have been (assuming incompletion or even interception)?

I am not sure about whether or not it was tipped, didn't seem like it to me though as it kept a true flight. I was more disappointed in the fact that DJK just laid back to wait for the ball to get to him like there wasn't even a defender in the area. It seems he gets nonchalant at times and takes things for granted. He did get run into, but I think the defender in going for the ball probably was not interfering. He does have a right to the ball and was far more eager to get to it than DJK was.

If Rick could learn to look off a reciever or read more than half the field he could be a great QB,until then I think we will see these inconsistent performances.

Latest posts