Stanzi concussion?

busabus114

A friend just told me that Stanzi got a concussion on Saturday - has anyone else heard this? I thought he got dinged on a scramble that he had when he tried to get a couple extra yards but he never came out.

I guess we will know for sure soon but was just curious if anyone had heard anything?

A friend just told me that Stanzi got a concussion on Saturday - has anyone else heard this? I thought he got dinged on a scramble that he had when he tried to get a couple extra yards but he never came out.

I guess we will know for sure soon but was just curious if anyone had heard anything?

Was it the one where like an idiot, he decided not to slide or go out-of-bounds?

I doubt he got a true concussion. Those things are pretty closely monitored nowadays. It's entirely possible he got his bell rung and wasn't himself, but I'd be VERY surprised if he sustained an actual concussion and still played.

you know, i bought 2 jerseys this season. one to wear to home games(black TMFS) and a white slingin dick to wear for away games. i wore the slingin dick jersey saturday. i already questioned if i should ever wear it again since we lost. if this concussion thing is true, i'm burning the damn thing.

I APOLOGIZE TO ALL HAWK FANS AND TO SLINGIN DICK FOR THIS.

Somebody heard something...someone posted a thread about Rick taking a shot to the noggin late in the game, but their DVR didn't record the whole thing because it was a very long game.

**Edit - Got it. http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/16387-stanzi-final-drive.html

Last edited:
you know, i bought 2 jerseys this season. one to wear to home games(black TMFS) and a white slingin dick to wear for away games. i wore the slingin dick jersey saturday. i already questioned if i should ever wear it again since we lost. if this concussion thing is true, i'm burning the damn thing.

I APOLOGIZE TO ALL HAWK FANS AND TO SLINGIN DICK FOR THIS.
Yeah I am never again going to wear the shirt I wore during the Hawks game on Saturday. I haven't brought myself to burning it yet but I am definitely leaving that option on the table.

I doubt he got a true concussion. Those things are pretty closely monitored nowadays. It's entirely possible he got his bell rung and wasn't himself, but I'd be VERY surprised if he sustained an actual concussion and still played.

Earth to you, "getting your bell rung" to he point he "wasn't himself" is a concussion. A concussion doesn't require you to be unconscious or even wobbly.

Earth to you, "getting your bell rung" to he point he "wasn't himself" is a concussion. A concussion doesn't require you to be unconscious or even wobbly.

I bow to your medical wisdom, Dr. Duffman. I didn't realize I was in the presence of a true medical genius.

I'm well aware of what a concussion is and isn't.

I wasn't going to post, until someone else broke the ice on this.

Friend of mine from Keokuk said word down there is they told Vandy to be ready to practice with the 1's this week. Ricky was questionable.

I wasn't going to post, until someone else broke the ice on this.

Friend of mine from Keokuk said word down there is they told Vandy to be ready to practice with the 1's this week. Ricky was questionable.

I wouldn't be opposed to this. A run at the NC is pretty much out of the question at this point (if it was ever in -- a big question mark). I'd like to see Vandy start practicing and playing with the 1's to start working towards 11, 12 and 13.

Have you ever had a concussion during a game/sporting event, not being rude just asking. adrenalin can do funny things. I have had 3 in my life each time I shoved people away and said I was fine(I am told). All I remember is being pumped and wanting to kick some ***. Reality is I doubt I had any idea what I was doing or where I was. Other than the feeling to "make it happen",the only things I know after the hits was what I saw on video later.

I wouldn't be opposed to this. A run at the NC is pretty much out of the question at this point (if it was ever in -- a big question mark). I'd like to see Vandy start practicing and playing with the 1's to start working towards 11, 12 and 13.
If the hawks can run the table in the big ten, they will still be up for talk of National Championship game depending on how the other teams play. IMO the SEC is going to knock each other out because that is a tough conference with Alabama, Arkansas, and South Carolina.

If the hawks can run the table in the big ten, they will still be up for talk of National Championship game depending on how the other teams play. IMO the SEC is going to knock each other out because that is a tough conference with Alabama, Arkansas, and South Carolina.

In the words of the great Jack Nicholson: "Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

If it is determined that Ricky is concussed, he needs to sit til he is better. Period. It will hurt the team,but that is no different than an ACL or any other injury.

Vandy can handle it this week if it comes to that. Lets hope not. What I would like is to see Ricky start, build a lead,then have Vandy in there early.

We need Ricky on the field for the Big Ten..any talk of this season being ''over'' is ridiculous. The main goal has always been the Big Ten title,and we still control our destiny for that. Rose Bowl is my dream season.

Latest posts