Stanford's Harbaugh Blowing off ESPN

imissbradbanks

That was awesome, anyone when asked for an interview he called a player over and told her to interview him. Knowing that ESPN would ask several questions about his future plans. Anyone else see that?

+1 Jim Harbaugh

He also brushed off Reece Davis when he asked that jerkoff question about his future on the victory stage.

That was awesome, anyone when asked for an interview he called a player over and told her to interview him. Knowing that ESPN would ask several questions about his future plans. Anyone else see that?

+1 Jim Harbaugh

Yes, I thought the same too - he blew off to avoid the stupid questions. However, I thought it came across poorly. How about the ESPN gal running over to Luck and literally pulling him away from guys that were interviewing him. I guess one poor move begot another.

I don't think it was a stupid question. Jim Harbaugh's not an idiot. He knows he was the biggest story coming into that game, and he knew it was coming. If he really didn't want that question asked, then he should have said before hand that what his plans were.

Other wise, it's fair game.

Question: In the history of college sports has there ever been a coach up on the victory stage or press conference podium actually answer the "are you coming back or taking a different job" question? The question is not designed to get an honest response, so the only reason for asking it is to prod and anger the coach trying to celebrate with his team. So why ask it? Is it a legit question? Not in that context - it's a legit question the day after.

Question: In the history of college sports has there ever been a coach up on the victory stage or press conference podium actually answer the "are you coming back or taking a different job" question? The question is not designed to get an honest response, so the only reason for asking it is to prod and anger the coach trying to celebrate with his team. So why ask it? Is it a legit question? Not in that context - it's a legit question the day after.

This. No coach with any class would play buzzkill in that spot. Just imagine if he said "Yes, I'm going to coach in San Fran next fall!" Think that takes the edge off the post-game celebration? At that time, it's a stupid question, kind of like the questions about Adam Robinson in the post-game press conference in Tempe.

Latest posts