Stanford and Iowa

greghammel

Check out the vote points in last 3 weeks...
Iowa = 670, bye week 648, win @ Michigan 768
Stanford = 663, beats USC 732, bye week 828!!!

So what we see here is Iowa lost 22 points during a bye week, yet Stanford gains 96 during their bye week???

Without losing a game... Iowa has lost a total of 67 pts to Stanford for winning by ONLY 10 at MICH (took knee to end game in FG range), while Stanford barely beat a non Top 25 USC team.

I know polls are opinions, but this displays a little bias!

Well, Iowa has a marvelous opportunity in the upcoming weeks.

They will play three BCS-ranked teams at home. If they win all of them...viola!

We are "flyover country" to them and therefore we don't deserve the same respect. It isn't a conspiracy. That's just the way it is. We provide the rest of them food and fuel and then it's out of sight out of mind.

I know that the head-to-head chains don't realistically mean anything, but consider this: Stanford beat USC. USC dominated Cal. Who dominated UCLA. Who dominated Texas in Austin. Who just dominated #5 Nebraska in Lincoln.

I'm not saying that all of that really says anything about Stanford (it doesn't). But voters do consider that kind of thing as evidence a lot of the time. And those chips fell perfectly for Stanford on their bye week.

Meanwhile, on OUR bye week, EVERY SINGLE TEAM we had played up to that point, lost.

And Iowa did lose to Arizona... If that doesn't happen we are probably ranked #7 at this point... or maybe even #6 over LSU. Dang that game! If the Hawkeyes win out, they would probably end up ranked where they would have been ranked had they not lost to Arizona.
I hope we can have the debate over that because that would mean they do win out! Boise with their schedule (or lack of) has turned into a pace car of sorts. The winner of LSU-Auburn will pass them this week, and Oklahoma will too with a win. Too bad they don't play in a major conference as I think they would do well, but until they do... nobody will truly know just how good they are against known commodity.
An undefeated team from a major conference passes them for the BCS Championship even if it is a team like Missouri currently at #18.

And Iowa did lose to Arizona... If that doesn't happen we are probably ranked #7 at this point... or maybe even #6 over LSU. Dang that game! If the Hawkeyes win out, they would probably end up ranked where they would have been ranked had they not lost to Arizona.
I hope we can have the debate over that because that would mean they do win out! Boise with their schedule (or lack of) has turned into a pace car of sorts. The winner of LSU-Auburn will pass them this week, and Oklahoma will too with a win. Too bad they don't play in a major conference as I think they would do well, but until they do... nobody will truly know just how good they are against known commodity.
An undefeated team from a major conference passes them for the BCS Championship even if it is a team like Missouri currently at #18.

I agree, an undefeated BCS conference champ will go ahead of them. But I don't think that LSU or Auburn runs the table (whoever wins that game will get beat by 'Bama, IMO).

The only unbeaten BCS conference teams that I think might go 12/13-0 are Oregon and Oklahoma (and I probably would pick Nebraska over OU in the B12 title game). Auburn/LSU both go down, same with the other Big 12 teams outside of the top 2, and MSU. The Big East/ACC don't have any undefeated teams.

Latest posts