Stand-up Tight Ends

Got to do it ... first play of the game. A naked boot leg by Stanley later in the game would also be appropriate no matter what happens.

White pants for all coaching staff, stand up TEs, and Old Gold JHF in place of one of the helmet Tigerhawks.

haydenfry.jpg.w300h469.jpg

How about Stanley backs away from center to pass with his shoulders squared to the line?

Lol, Wirf, Jackson and Stanley will all probably say no to that. By time NS back pedals 12 yards and sets his feet, he will be eating turf. It is 2019, no offensive tackle can hold out that long.

I get it, tho. As a one play tribute......yeah, you could probably make it work.

Lol, Wirf, Jackson and Stanley will all probably say no to that. By time NS back pedals 12 yards and sets his feet, he will be eating turf. It is 2019, no offensive tackle can hold out that long.

I get it, tho. As a one play tribute......yeah, you could probably make it work.

Qbs do see better that way. He could at least see what is coming...like a truck.

I'd rather see Stanley run the naked bootleg at the goal line. That would be cool.

[Q
haydenfry.jpg.w300h469.jpg

The man changed history in Texas culture, Big10 culture/field of play, Iowa culture/field of play and influenced a lot of people along the way.

He is a great man
and I personally use that adjective sparingly.

I just heard that Fry came up with the idea for stand up tight ends after two of his starters were out. The third string TE was pretty small and Fry said something to the effect of "he'll get killed if he's in a three-point stance!" Afterwards he realized how well the kid could see the field and made calls to the QB. Neat stuff.

It would be a fitting tribute to Coach Fry to stand up the TE.

I guess the family is 'ok' with removing the Tiger Hawk from the helmet but it doesn't feel right to me - to remove the logo that he created.

Latest posts