stalling

CRwrestling

I just rewatched the worst officiated match I've seen, Grajalas vs. Alton from last weekend. When Grajalas is trying to comeback and Alton refuses to get off the mat, not only does the ref fail to give the one for escape, but he allows Alton to sit there without dinging him for stalling! It was painful to watch a match so poorly officiated.

On the other site and there have been a few threads about whether or not NCAA could increase action by changing a takedown to three points, getting rid of riding time, making near fall points necessary for a riding time point, etc. I really don't see a need for any change in points. Refs just need to call stalling, especially in the first and second periods.

The nice thing about changing the points is that it's objective, whereas stalling is subjective.

Something needs to be done though. I'm sick of seeing the top guy stalling to get the riding point. I love wrestling and got hooked in part due to the level of action you'd see in the '80s. I can't imagine how fricking boring these 1-0, 2-1, or 3-2 matches must be to someone new to the sport.

If anyone thinks that nothing needs to be done about how refs call stalling an the current state of wrestling... Let me introduce you to McIllravy vs. Abbas or our house special Ironside vs. Kolat and for dessert we're serving Tommy Brands vs. Gilbert.