Stale, inept, not enough pieces there

HaydenHawk56

Yes, officiating questionable at times and I think Iowa gave a good effort through 75% of the game. But same ole same ole. 0-5.

Yes, officiating questionable at times and I think Iowa gave a good effort through 75% of the game. But same ole same ole. 0-5.
I hate the blame the refs guy, but it is clear that refs have zero respect for Fran and the players pay for it.

As bad as the officiating was....Iowa’s defense was considerably worse. I’ve seen high school teams with better interior defense

You can't defend Fran given that defensive effort period. The refs stunk tonight but Fran brings some of this on by not knowing how to work the officials. It makes total sense for teams to drive right to the basket against us like Maryland did tonight. Everyone in the league has figured out how to attack our weak defense and we simply can't outscore teams like Fran wants to. This ship has sunk IMO.

As bad as the officiating was....Iowa’s defense was considerably worse. I’ve seen high school teams with better interior defense
It is a weird cycle. Iowa is terrible on defense, so everyone looks good in practice, which leads to guys playing that shouldn’t, which leads to a bad team looking even worse. Iowa spends all week at practice painting their shit with shinola, and then the other team puts it in a bag and lights it on fire on our porch and we step in it. I don’t even know what that means but it’s still more entertaining than this team.

It is a weird cycle. Iowa is terrible on defense, so everyone looks good in practice, which leads to guys playing that shouldn’t, which leads to a bad team looking even worse. Iowa spends all week at practice painting their shit with shinola, and then the other team puts it in a bag and lights it on fire on our porch and we step in it. I don’t even know what that means but it’s still more entertaining than this team.
a-plus-grade.jpg

I’d take a 6’9” guy who can jump out of the building over 6’11” guys that can’t jump and has no lateral quickness. Also most teams have a point guard that can take it to the rim. Wish we could see more play like on the one jam by Moss.

Inconsistencies have haunted Fran’s teams. Also no “go to guy” who wants the ball in crunch time. No true leaders out there and there hasn’t been one since Fran has been here. White and Marble had good moments and then the next thing you know it’s like they disappeared.

According to 247sports he has two recruiting classes that didn’t finish near the bottom of the big ten . Woodbury class and cook class . It’s starting to show on the court

This team has so many issues right now. They are in serious trouble. If they don't beat Rutgers this week, I'd like to know where their win (yes, singular) is going to come from. Fran probably survives, but there will need to be some significant changes made in how they play basketball next year. I'd start with bringing someone in who can teach defense. And then make playing time contingent on playing defense.

They need to stop running after makes at least. Fran should say every time they make a shot, we have to walk the ball up the court and run the offense. That right there would get rid of the 15-0 runs that happen over 2 minutes of game time.

This team has so many issues right now. They are in serious trouble. If they don't beat Rutgers this week, I'd like to know where their win (yes, singular) is going to come from. Fran probably survives, but there will need to be some significant changes made in how they play basketball next year. I'd start with bringing someone in who can teach defense. And then make playing time contingent on playing defense.
They don’t need to bring in coaches who can teach defense they need to bring in players who can play defense. You can’t play defense when this roster is loaded with slow unathletic feet.

At first, Fran needed to work the refs in year one and two just to get some respect for the team. Now he simply argues the wrong calls or every call, thus negating any chance of affecting the refs. Watch the master at Michigan St. he works the big calls, and always with a smile. Fran gets so redfaced and angry refs just want to T him up. Maybe he should spend some of that energy coaching defense.

At first, Fran needed to work the refs in year one and two just to get some respect for the team. Now he simply argues the wrong calls or every call, thus negating any chance of affecting the refs. Watch the master at Michigan St. he works the big calls, and always with a smile. Fran gets so redfaced and angry refs just want to T him up. Maybe he should spend some of that energy coaching defense.
How does he scream without moving his head? Have you tried it?

They don’t need to bring in coaches who can teach defense they need to bring in players who can play defense. You can’t play defense when this roster is loaded with slow unathletic feet.
I'm not discounting some of the talent gaps out there, but some of the mistakes they make on defense aren't related to just their athletic ability. The next time someone boxes out on a rebound will be the first time. Same for talking/helping - every time an opponent gets to the basket for an easy score the other guys look around as if to say, how did that guy get there. Here's a novel idea - don't let your guy get to the baseline - it amazes me the number of times this happens. I would abandon their 3/4 court press - I think it serves to tire them out, and results in more easy baskets than turnovers over the course of the game.

Latest posts