Staff Move Predictions

if a staff shake up is made by coaches crying and leaving because they didn't get the job, oh well, let them go
don't need pouters on the staff
if we get Aiken we get a solid recruiter in Florida
if we get Stoops we get a solid recruiter in the SW
either way it is a positive for Iowa and means new blood on the staff
and DB coaching positions can be filled with solid up and comers ready to make a name for themselves
Nothing to do with pouting and crying. Sometimes a place gets old and you need to move on if the situation isn't going to change. Maybe Parker is happy just being a DB coach, I don't know.

Here we go:

Ron Aiken is named Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Line Coach.
Phil Parker is named Defensive Coordinator and remains DB Coach.
Darrel Wilson leaves.
Lavar Woods becomes LB coach.
Reese Morgan retires
Brian Ferentz becomes OL coach

With Parker remaining DB coach, it opens up another assistant position and we get the long awaited dedicated Special Teams coach.
Lookout, herbyhawk is going to jump you about where Wilson is going to go. Sheesh.

the Aiken AHC works for me
with personal tweeks
Stoops the DC & LB coach
Woods to ST Coach
Wilson to DB coach and Parker moves on to a better job if he is going to be upset about getting passed over

but i doubt Parker is the type to be affected one way or the other on who get the DC job
so it comes down to Stoops, Aiken or Parker to being the new DC

the Aiken AHC works for mewith personal tweeksStoops the DC & LB coachWoods to ST CoachWilson to DB coach and Parker moves on to a better job if he is going to be upset about getting passed overbut i doubt Parker is the type to be affected one way or the other on who get the DC jobso it comes down to Stoops, Aiken or Parker to being the new DC

Stoops is going to Oklahoma for some kind of position. They mentioned with in the bowl game.

before you make the ussual response of he's not coming please show me the official announcement of him signing or has accepted the job at Oklahoma

the announcers of the game were speculating only
there has been no mention of him going anywhere other than you posters or Oklahoma people
and that is wishful thinking at this time, as there have been no coaches let go from Bob's staff to make room for him

the Aiken AHC works for mewith personal tweeksStoops the DC & LB coachWoods to ST CoachWilson to DB coach and Parker moves on to a better job if he is going to

puff
puff
pass
homie

Snoooooooooooopppppppp Dddddaaaaawwwwwwggggggg

DC from the outside -- maybe Aiken? Woods to DL coach after DC is hired. If Woods gets the job I see one of the offense of assistants being reassigned to the admin position that Woods had. Then hire a new assistant from the outside.

You're totally clueless! Woods and Parker fill the spots.

the Aiken AHC works for me
with personal tweeks
Stoops the DC & LB coach
Woods to ST Coach
Wilson to DB coach and Parker moves on to a better job if he is going to be upset about getting passed over

but i doubt Parker is the type to be affected one way or the other on who get the DC job
so it comes down to Stoops, Aiken or Parker to being the new DC

It's got nothing to do with being butt-hurt on Parker's part. If he has ambitions of becoming a DC and doesn't see the opportunity at Iowa, then he needs to find a new place, and shouldn't have a grudge held against him for it.

I think KF is bringing in someone from the outside. I think it is Aiken. If it was Parker they would have announced it right away. He also feels like Woods has waited long enough for a real coaching position so he pushed Coach K out in a classy way to make room for Lavar.

let's see OSU is full they are out of the Stoops sweepstakes
Nebbie is full they are out as well
Okahomla has not fired anyone to make room for Mike Stoops
if they were going to fire anybody i would think Bob would have done it by now
this is why i feel Iowa's chance are good

let's see OSU is full they are out of the Stoops sweepstakes
Nebbie is full they are out as well
if they were going to fire anybody i would think Bob would have done it by now
this is why i feel Iowa's chance are good

This is still my thought.....and hope.

From what I've read at numerous places, Mike S. would become co-defensive coordinator w/ Venables. And Venables has made it known he would have no problem with that setup.

Latest posts