Staff Move Predictions

JHAWKEYE2

DC from the outside -- maybe Aiken? Woods to DL coach after DC is hired. If Woods gets the job I see one of the offense of assistants being reassigned to the admin position that Woods had. Then hire a new assistant from the outside.

DC from the outside -- maybe Aiken? Woods to DL coach after DC is hired. If Woods gets the job I see one of the offense of assistants being reassigned to the admin position that Woods had. Then hire a new assistant from the outside.

Haha, what you been smokin? nobody will be reassigned from a coaching position to administrative assistant.

Why even assign one of the assistants to the administrative position? Why not just fire him?

Do you realize that the administrative position is an entry level position?

Parker to DC, Woods to DL. It's the easy prediction. If someone from the outside gets DC, look for Parker to leave.

Where is he going to go nobodies looking for DB coaches
and i don't see his name being tossed around for DC Job by anyone other than Iowa fans
to leave you 1st have to have somewhere to go

Where is he going to go nobodies looking for DB coaches
and i don't see his name being tossed around for DC Job by anyone other than Iowa fans
to leave you 1st have to have somewhere to go
Why wouldn't he leave if he wants to advance up the coaching ranks and gets passed over? I can assure you he could get a job elsewhere, your expert opinion notwithstanding. I also did not mean he would turn in his two weeks and leave immediately. The point is moot anyway; he's going to get the job, even if experts such as yourself think he isn't good enough.

not a opinion it was a question.
where would he go?
i haven't heard his name in connection with any other job
if you have, please share

Last edited:
not a opinion it was a question.
where would he go?
i haven't heard his name in connection with any other job
if you have, please share
So I guess you're really in the know about all coaching openings currently and next year as well? I'm telling you the man would be able to find a job. There are a lot of pro and college teams out there. It's ridiculous for you or me to speculate a specific place where he might possibly go, if he got passed up here, and if it's a goal of his to have a higher position.

if a staff shake up is made by coaches crying and leaving because they didn't get the job, oh well, let them go
don't need pouters on the staff
if we get Aiken we get a solid recruiter in Florida
if we get Stoops we get a solid recruiter in the SW
either way it is a positive for Iowa and means new blood on the staff
and DB coaching positions can be filled with solid up and comers ready to make a name for themselves

Here we go:

Ron Aiken is named Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Line Coach.
Phil Parker is named Defensive Coordinator and remains DB Coach.
Darrel Wilson leaves.
Lavar Woods becomes LB coach.
Reese Morgan retires
Brian Ferentz becomes OL coach

With Parker remaining DB coach, it opens up another assistant position and we get the long awaited dedicated Special Teams coach.

Latest posts