Spying in college basketball?

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

Does it go on in CHA? Some opponents coach or parent with a cell phone sitting behind the Iowa bench texting changes to be made following a time out? Thoughts?

Don’t teams already have access to this stuff anyway? At least one assistant coach has to do a little bit of advance scouting.

I think it would be more beneficial to have a spy internally . Injuries, players not happy about playing time, team divide, players not getting along where it affects communication on the court. Knowing stuff like that would be more important than stuff you readily have access to already.

Sure, that's happening. Why would anyone playing Iowa worry about cheating, especially last year? The formula to beat Iowa is clear. Penetrate and score at the rim, penetrate and create for teammates going to the rim, or penetrate and kick it out for a wide open three. We have gaps in our defense wider than Nikki Minaj's camel toe.

Reminds me of a decade ago when I worked at a dealership and a few of us dropped off some cars for display at Carver and had to clean them. We took a break and sat down in the top row while jNW was practicing. A coach walked alllll the way to the top and told us we couldn't be in there. As if we were going to relay the secrets of their basketball, they were so bad at the time it wouldn't have mattered.

Reminds me of a decade ago when I worked at a dealership and a few of us dropped off some cars for display at Carver and had to clean them. We took a break and sat down in the top row while jNW was practicing. A coach walked alllll the way to the top and told us we couldn't be in there. As if we were going to relay the secrets of their basketball, they were so bad at the time it wouldn't have mattered.
Here I thought he was coming to ask if you wanted to run shirts and skins.:p