Spring Game

kmurp

I can't seem to find the date for the spring "game". I may be visiting Iowa City with my daughter who got in and is considering attending in the fall. Anyway, it might be nice to go to the game, so I was wondering about the date.

According to the countdown clock on gohawks.com it looks like it's supposed to be a 12pm start that day.

I wouldn’t expect too much of game as such. Things are going to take a while to settle in with all the changes. We might get to see a bit of what direction things are moving in.

No Davis excuse here. Write it down now. The hawks beat northwestern this fall by two touchdowns.

Rumor has it that Prater kid is gonna get cleared to play. I ain't saying NU will be good even with him, but there is a chance they are less bad than Iowa. After sitting through the 2005 and 2010 debacles in Evanston, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever expect Iowa to win there again.

Agree that this is more for the kids anyway.... My boy LOVES it, and he's only 5

Also, they actually have grilled burgers, dogs and chicken breasts for free at CHA. At least I always get a ticket.

It is a nice event. Not much of a scrimmage or game, but interesting to see some of the 2 and 3 deeps.

Looking for more information from someone that has been there. I realize this is a glorified practice that is open to the public. Is this worth taking my 2 year old son? Is there any opportunity to get autographs? any additional details would help! Thanks~

Looking for more information from someone that has been there. I realize this is a glorified practice that is open to the public. Is this worth taking my 2 year old son? Is there any opportunity to get autographs? any additional details would help! Thanks~

Yes it is worth going to and there are defiantly many chances to get any players that you want's autographs. I know for sure after the "game" they put about 45 min to an hour i believe on the scoreboard and that is free game to get any players autographs. After that you can normally catch any players you didn't get on there way out. I'm sure it would be entertaining to a 2 year old although you may get bored after a while.

I agree with iahawks912. Your son might be a bit bored, but if that happens, just leave early, or show up late.

I have been taking my son there for 4 years and we always get autographs. Young kids like the Kids zone, I just sit back and take in the sights. Its a good day to sit and get ready for football. Also, Vine wings afterwards has become a favorite-family tradition

It's been great for my son. I used it as a gauge as to how he'd sit through an actual game. Then gave it a shot and took him to the monsoon game. 1 of the best days of my life, even with the rain.

Latest posts