Spring Game Questions

Fryowa

Administrator
Taking my 9 y.o. to the spring game for the first time this year and I've never gone myself. Had a few questions if someone would be kind enough to educate me.

1. I see the game is at 12:30, what's the best way/time/place for kids to get autographs or get pictures with players (if it's even possible)? We'll be coming down the night before (we live 5 and a half hours away) so we can be at the stadium any time.

2. I'm told admission is free; do we need anything to get in; ticket, donation, etc?

3. Is seating first come-first serve?

4. Where's the best place to park?

Anything else that'd be good to know would be greatly appreciated. My kid thanks you in advance (so do I).

Taking my 9 y.o. to the spring game for the first time this year and I've never gone myself. Had a few questions if someone would be kind enough to educate me.
GLAD TO HEAR YOU'LL BE IN THE STANDS!

1. I see the game is at 12:30, what's the best way/time/place for kids to get autographs or get pictures with players (if it's even possible)? We'll be coming down the night before (we live 5 and a half hours away) so we can be at the stadium any time.
SORRY, CAN'T HELP YOU WITH THAT. STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO.

2. I'm told admission is free; do we need anything to get in; ticket, donation, etc?
NOTHING REQUIRED. JUST SHOW UP. THEY MIGHT BE COLLECTING DONOR CANNED GOODS BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THAT.

3. Is seating first come-first serve?
YES. PLENTY OF GOOD SEATING.

4. Where's the best place to park?
GREAT QUESTION. PROBABLY ONE OF THE NEIGHBORHOODS NEAR THE STADIUM, THEN WALK FROM THERE.

Anything else that'd be good to know would be greatly appreciated. My kid thanks you in advance (so do I).
LOOK TO EXPERIENCE A VERY RELAXED DAY WHERE YOU GET TO SEE SOME OF THE HAWKEYE PLAYERS UP FRONT AND CLOSE... ALL, HOPEFULLY, UNDER A WARM SUN!

Ah, remember when all games would start at around 1pm. Would be nice if they had few more of those.

Thanks for the responses. If anyone hears any word re: autograph session/availability lemme know. My kid is pretty pumped about that.

I took my family about seven years ago. At that game, the players formed two different lines and all walked around where the stands meet the field signing autographs. This was after the conclusion of the actual scrimmage. Certain players (Stanzi, DJK), were mobbed more than others, making it more difficult to get their signatures. Others were easier to obtain. There were also some players available in the parking lot after the scrimmage.

Latest posts