SportstalkMatt reporting...

I'm not sold on Keno. I would love for him to be an assistant at Iowa--but there's no way he'd take step down to assistant level.

I think Keno would be nothing but more of what we already have. Yes, he runs a more tolerable style of offense, but other than that....a one hit wonder at Drake, moving to Providence....and not much there. I'm not sure that's the best candidate out there.

I think we should all donate what we can and see about going after Pearl. I'd give a few K to that decision.

I think Keno would be nothing but more of what we already have. Yes, he runs a more tolerable style of offense, but other than that....a one hit wonder at Drake, moving to Providence....and not much there. I'm not sure that's the best candidate out there.

I think we should all donate what we can and see about going after Pearl. I'd give a few K to that decision.

If Keno isn't the first choice I highly doubt he ends up here. I think that Iowa will try to throw some money at a few big name guys like Pearl and Gillispie. If that happens before Davis gets an offer it may push him out of the picture.

The thing about Keno is that everyone is complaining about his teams lack of defense, I'm not saying Iowa has the best defense but they play better defense than Providence does. If Keno can teach the Hawks how to score I would be comfortable with how they play defense. Lick's style of play limited the amount of possesions either team had and it really counted on being able to hit shots at a high percentage and we have seen that doesn't work. I would welcome Keno's style of ball because the current Hawks can play defense a bit.

What does Keno represent in terms of the "positive" in coming to Iowa. Just another unproven coach at a BCS conference.

Well if there is any truth to the rumor that lick is gone and there is a new coach already in place it has to be someone who is not in coaching at all or who's season is over.

Keno Davis falls into the category for me of another coach that had ONE big year at the mid-major level. The thought of hiring someone like that AGAIN scares the crap out of me.

I realize that he hasn't coach very long, but that worries me as well.
He didn't maked the Sweet 16 so he's safe.

Well if there is any truth to the rumor that lick is gone and there is a new coach already in place it has to be someone who is not in coaching at all or who's season is over.
Well at least Keno's season is over, but that might be what you meant.

Last edited:
If Keno came here and flopped out of the gate the heat would be all OVER him. IF TL goes and we hire a new guy whoever it is needs to be solid and able to take some pressure. There will be ups/downs for a few years and this fan base is highly impatient and will be until we win again......someday.

Barta is dumb,but not stupid. Keno Davis was a one hit wonder. Look at his record this year at Providence. And please do not give me this crap that his team is young. I have heard it all year!

Keno's team is young and athletic. He did not have a good record this year but his team lost some tough games against great teams, like last week AT Pitt where they lost on a 35 foot prayer. Not sure yet if he is a good coach but I wouldn't be disappointed if he came to CHA.

I don't know who all you people are who wouldn't be satisfied with Keno, think we are going to get. I mean there is some names out there that I would probably like over Keno, but I highly doubt are going to touch this job with a ten foot poll. I say if Keno is interested, pull the trigger, no brainer.

It's funny, some of you just refuse to be happy...I get the feeling some on this board would b!tch if God was named coach...he doesn't make in-game adjustments well, what with all that "other stuff in the world" going on...

It's funny, some of you just refuse to be happy...I get the feeling some on this board would b!tch if God was named coach...he doesn't make in-game adjustments well, what with all that "other stuff in the world" going on...

If God were the coach, I bet we would go the NIT next year.

Keno would be alright with me. I think we're dilussional to think that this is a marquee job right now. I know the facilities are being upgraded but it's highly doubtful we will get a coach that is a proven winner at a major college level. If we do he would probably come with some kind of baggage that might come back to haunt us later (Gillispe). Keno knows the area, would bring some assistants that can recruit the midwest (Rodell Davis), and plays an exciting style of basketball. Count me in!

Latest posts