Spikes suspended

te1203

for a fricking half by the great Urban Meyer for potentially blinding Georgia's RB with an eye gouge...what a joke...hopefully the SEC steps in and does something more about it(like that will happen)

for a fricking half by the great Urban Meyer for potentially blinding Georgia's RB with an eye gouge...what a joke...hopefully the SEC steps in and does something more about it(like that will happen)

Steps in and does what? Rescinds the penalty all together?

Ok now I get it after reading further into the article, Urban said he was retaliating to after HE was poked in the eye earlier in the game..that makes more sense and makes it ok

That is a complete joke. I seriously think that Urban Meyer needs to be suspended for this. The only reason he gave out a suspension is because he was trying to get out of an SEC handed down suspension. So he does it himself with the a slap on the wrist. I hated Urban Meyer after the Outback down ref game. Does anyone remember him quoted as saying the refs did a good job and made great calls during that game? It was in the Des Moines Register like 2 days after the game.

I cant imagine what it would be like to have someone attacking you to try and gouge you like that. You can see the Georgia player trying to get him away.

On ESPN, Mike Golic and Merill Hodge think it is extremely dirty and Golic went on to say its worse than the Blount punch. However, there isnt near the outrage or video replays being shown that Blount's punch drew. I think that is mostly because the video has surfaced during the World Series and NFL season, so there is a lot more news going on right now. That will lessen the public outcry over this, and therefore lessen his punishment to a game tops. Since that game is Vanderbilt, this will have zero impact on the BCS title push.

SEC has already come out and siad they are satisfied with the suspension handed down from Meyer. What a joke.

SO Dez Bryant is suspended for a year for lying, but Spikes get half a game for almost ruining a guys eye sight. Guess thats the difference between Okie St. and Florida.

Interesting, this is payback for someone else poking his eye he says. However he wears a clear visor... Pretty hard to gouge an eye with a visor on his helmet and no video evidence.

I'm sure Urban took his word for it and that it's not that bad that he got caught.

He should be out for at least a game.

This just in...the SEC has reprimanded Urban Meyer for suspending a starter...The NCAA will take no action of its own since the conference handled the matter swiftly.

I saw it a few times on replay ...he has one thing on his mind even gouging the RB's eyes . You can see him digging into the face mask.

this deserves more than half a game , should be a full game suspension and public apology to the Florida fans and opponents .

Urban Meyer and the SEC response was a joke . Even Jessica palmer said he deserved more than half a game and he is a tool.

Latest posts