Spievey having trouble adjusting

The Lions' coaching staff is mental if they question Amari's abilities. He's missed camp, so he's behind, doesn't mean he's a bust.

No wonder the Lions continue to suck with that sort of mgmt and coaching.

I really don't read these as "dogging" him. I think the coaching staff is short sighted if they don't understand that he is a month behind because of his hip injury. I agree that this has been a problem for Detroit for ten years. They broad brush every player because of their own scouting shortcomings. What a joke of a franchise.

If a young man goes in the first day of the draft, he absolutely made the right choice to leave school. Spievey is a huge talent, and will be a great player for somebody, and hopefully it will be the Lions. As a Colts fan (and season ticket holder), I am absolutely shocked by the tone and tamber of the "scouts" vs."coaching staff" argument. We never, NEVER, see or hear of this kind of internal turbulance in the Colts organization. I'm more shocked that this kind of thing made it to the press. And beyond words surprised that they are dragging an injured high draft choice through this internal mud. Very, very unprofessional, IMO.

Hey, Spievey could have just as easily gone to the Colts, as he is a perfect cover 2 corner, and that's exactly what we drafter in Kevin Thomas (USC), who is out for the year with a banged up knee from OTA's. Let the Lions cut him, we would LOVE to have him with the rest of his Hawkeye brothers down here in Indy! Detroit idiots, I still can't believe this garbage... wow.

he will be fine

he will adjust and get to speed and make another fine IU addition to the the NFL

Total non-story. The supposed "rift" between management and the coaching staff doesn't exist. It's just a writer trying to get attention. Amari will be fine, and the Lions will be better sooner than people think.

Quick, trade Amari to the Bears,please,lions.
Iowa corners have a history of doing fine like Fletcher. Amari will bounce back..long season.

Quick, trade Amari to the Bears,please,lions.
Iowa corners have a history of doing fine like Fletcher. Amari will bounce back..long season.

Can you point out this history of doing fine? I'm not really into NFL I'm a college man all the way. IIRC didnt Fletcher miss his rookie season with an injury?

Mac, not B Fletch, but Charles Godfrey converted from corner to safety and was an immediate starter for Carolina. I'd say that's a success story.

If a young man goes in the first day of the draft, he absolutely made the right choice to leave school.

Spievey left early because he needed the money now. He could have used his senior year to develop his game and i don't think he is currently ready to battle the big boys in the NFL. It would have good for him to come into the season and be expected to shut down every teams #1 weapon. He didn't become that guy until half way through last year.

just my opinion.

Spievey left early because he needed the money now. He could have used his senior year to develop his game and i don't think he is currently ready to battle the big boys in the NFL. It would have good for him to come into the season and be expected to shut down every teams #1 weapon. He didn't become that guy until half way through last year.

just my opinion.

I agree with your assessment, it's something I said a lot once he announced that he would leave. But, as you said, he needed the money now. It wasn't just "I wanna make it rain", Spievey and his family actually NEEDED the money. So I can't blame him for trying to do what's best for his family. He's going to be just fine in the NFL, and he'll make plenty of money.

just my opinion.

Spievey also could have injured an ankle, knee, foot, or anything number of things this upcoming season as a collegiate player and ruined his chance at a big pay day. I don't fault him one bit for taking off early when his stock was relatively high. Sure there's a chance he could have had another outstanding year and gone even a little higher in the draft. But the injury risk is just as prominent, if not more prominent. And although it's great to have Clayborn back I sincerely hope his decision to return doesn't come back to bite him by getting injured. Not everyone can be a Sam Bradford and be drafted #1 overall coming off an injury.

Latest posts