Speechless way to gut it out hawks!!!

Definitely. They did exactly that. Hate to say it but it's not the 80s anymore. This IS a rivalry and wins are going to be hard fought every year like it or not. Tough environment, down several key players, down by a score, they made big time plays. If your complaining about this win you got issues

Love the players, these kids give their everything.... tough as nails today.

The coaches...not so much.
This is a way of rationalizing all of the Ferentz bashing in the past, but still remain positive about this year. If the coaches hadn't been on sidelines yesterday, the Hawks would have won by at least 50, probably more, or some such logic.

CJ didn't know the offense last year. He improved a lot during the off season.

Well I call bullsheet on ^^^^ remark. CJ looked fine against Pitt not taking many first team snaps in practice probably. He looked above avg against Purdue. He got crap time against jNW last year and when he made some throws especially to KMM it looked like KMM was running a bad route twice.

He came in against Illini and zipped the hawks down the field for a TD just making 3 great throws and the bowl game proved it.

I still think the hawks probably beat ISU, and 2 of the 3 between Maryland, Wisky, and Nebby last year for a 10-2 season record.

Wouldnt have been much howling on this board over the winter.

Well I call bullsheet on ^^^^ remark. CJ looked fine against Pitt not taking many first team snaps in practice probably. He looked above avg against Purdue. He got crap time against jNW last year and when he made some throws especially to KMM it looked like KMM was running a bad route twice.

He came in against Illini and zipped the hawks down the field for a TD just making 3 great throws and the bowl game proved it.

I still think the hawks probably beat ISU, and 2 of the 3 between Maryland, Wisky, and Nebby last year for a 10-2 season record.

Wouldnt have been much howling on this board over the winter.

Well duh. :)

Would agree with OP... In the 4th when Iowa was driving, and we got a 1st down on the Canzeri run... In the past would have just run the ball 3 times, and tried a field goal, and hoped to hold on in the end. By throwing the TD pass, we took all of ISU will to win away.. Really fun watching the game Saturday.

Latest posts