Soup is gone....

Talk about a good recruiting tool...Hey I coached Gronk and Ahernandez. COME TO IOWA!!! (in a Joepa voice)

I wonder if that means Reese Morgan will move back to o-line and they will hire a new d-line coach?

Also was told that Brian Ferentz will be no longer coach the O-Line but will be the new WR coach.

I didn't see that coming. He seemed to be doing very well with the OL. However, if Brian is our best recruiter, he may be able to attract some better receivers.

Soups main downfall was recruiting. Without the name brand of Michigan behind his name, he wasn't able to pull in any decent caliber of WR. I think he's still an excellent WR coach, when you look at how he turned two former QB's (McNutt and DJK) and a RB (Brodell), and made them very servicible, if not extremely productive.

Unfortunately, he never seemed to bring anyone in that seemed to have any explosivness or could catch the ball. K. Davis never seemed to have it, but then he was also stuck behind DJK and McNutt, and his senior year the QB play was just horrible, not to mention the scheme.

Will be interesting to see how the OL coach shakes out. I think odds are in favor that Morgan returns, and we bring someone in for DL. Though don't be surprised if we promote from within like a Grad Assistant.

it makes little sense that a former iowa lineman would move to WR coach and a former iowa QB would move to OL coach, unless they are moving TE's under WR's and trying to capitalize on brian's success in NE

it makes little sense that a former iowa lineman would move to WR coach and a former iowa QB would move to OL coach, unless they are moving TE's under WR's and trying to capitalize on brian's success in NE
Yeah doesn't make much sense at all.

I see the B.F. move just because of his history at N.E. being the tight ends coach.

Latest posts