Sounds like RichRod is out

Jim Harbaugh is not going to Michigan. He doesn't like Michigan, and Michigan doesn't like him. He'll stay at Stanford or get a head coaching gig in the NFL. Going to Michigan is a huge step back for him.

God that's funny - farmgirl read the Steve Deace post for a b*tch slap response to the drivel you just posted.

Re: Clearing up some misconceptions

1) Jim Harbaugh would crawl over broken glass for the Michigan job.

2) Harbaugh and Michigan AD David Brandon have had a relationship for years, and Harbaugh's previous comments about Michigan's academics will have no bearing on him becoming the coach there.

3) It was Rodriguez's decision to run the 3-3-5.

4) Rodriguez has failed to allow either of the defensive coordinators he's hired to actually run the defense, but has instead allowed the position coaches he brought from West Virginia with him to have a say as well. The current D.C. doesn't do any recruiting.

5) It's unlikely Rodriguez would make "wholesale" defensive staff changes beyond the current D.C. because the rest of the staff are buddies loyal to him.

6) Rodriguez knows if Michigan fires him he gets $4 million and will likely have another BCS coaching job in 30 days, so I doubt he's going to throw his buddies under the bus.

7) If Rodriguez is fired it is to hire Harbaugh and no one else. There will be no coaching search, except to publicly satisfy EEOC requirements, so discussing any other candidates is moot.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

God that's funny - farmgirl read the Steve Deace post for a b*tch slap response to the drivel you just posted.

Steve Deace's post was just a Michigan fan's wishlist, and like much of Michigan fandom, not based in any reality. Michigan is a huge step back for Harbaugh, who is the brightest NFL coaching prospect in the college game right now. I wouldn't doubt this will be his last season at Stanford, since his golden goose is leaving this season. I wouldn't be suprised if he and Andrew Luck don't end up as Carolina Panthers next season.

Steve Deace's post was just a Michigan fan's wishlist, and like much of Michigan fandom, not based in any reality. Michigan is a huge step back for Harbaugh, who is the brightest NFL coaching prospect in the college game right now. I wouldn't doubt this will be his last season at Stanford, since his golden goose is leaving this season. I wouldn't be suprised if he and Andrew Luck don't end up as Carolina Panthers next season.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

I agree that Deace's post sounds like nothing more than a Michigan fan's wish list. LOT of seemingly blind assumptions and loose connections.

Michigan does this, they will not be relevant for the next decade. They need to keep rich rod, his offense is fine, he just needs to fire his entire D staff and get somebody better.

Harbaugh does not play RR's style at all, IMO both Robinson and Forcier would transfer if a coaching change happened.

Guess you didn't notice that Harbaugh made Stanford relevant in one year. Forcier would be very good for Harbaugh style and a great athlete like Robinson can work into the system quickly.

Cowboys and 49ers are in play also...

Deace is backpedaling a little bit he made comments in the past that Michigan would never hire haurbaugh not only because of previous statements, but the OWI as well.

Keep in mind that UM had a different AD(Martin) when all that went down. I knew Jim's father, Jack, when he coached at Western Kentucky. Jim helped the program as an unpaid assistant while he was still a QB in the NFL. They are a very close family. I would almost describe them as a clan. They are Big Ten/Midwest people through and through. Jim's sister Joani is married to Tom Crean at IU. I believe Jim would go to Michigan if offered.

And his brother is a highly successful NFL HC .....I really don't think it means that much.

Is Luck declaring? I know he can, but hadn't heard that he was.

Re: Clearing up some misconceptions

1) Jim Harbaugh would crawl over broken glass for the Michigan job.

2) Harbaugh and Michigan AD David Brandon have had a relationship for years, and Harbaugh's previous comments about Michigan's academics will have no bearing on him becoming the coach there.

3) It was Rodriguez's decision to run the 3-3-5.

4) Rodriguez has failed to allow either of the defensive coordinators he's hired to actually run the defense, but has instead allowed the position coaches he brought from West Virginia with him to have a say as well. The current D.C. doesn't do any recruiting.

5) It's unlikely Rodriguez would make "wholesale" defensive staff changes beyond the current D.C. because the rest of the staff are buddies loyal to him.

6) Rodriguez knows if Michigan fires him he gets $4 million and will likely have another BCS coaching job in 30 days, so I doubt he's going to throw his buddies under the bus.

7) If Rodriguez is fired it is to hire Harbaugh and no one else. There will be no coaching search, except to publicly satisfy EEOC requirements, so discussing any other candidates is moot.

Really?????? How do you reconcile those statements?

I'm almost 100% certain Luck is not declaring. He's supposed to be a different breed of cat, not liking the spotlight and just wanting to be another college student, really enjoying the college experience...not to mention the whole labor negotiations issue w/ the NFL. I'm also fairly sure Stanford has a good recruiting class building, a brand new stadium, and I think Harbaugh's personality is well-suited for the college game. He's a bit rah-rah and seems to have some youthful enthusiasm that attracts kids, but doesn't go the Pelini / Mike Stoops route. Harbaugh has a good thing going and definitely has numerous options at the moment, that's for sure.

As much as I would like to see scUM upset OSUx, for the long-term benefit and stature of the Big-10, scUM needs to be relevant...thus...sigh...I want OSUx to win, RRod get fired and Harbaugh bring some solvency to that gyrating program known as Michigan football.

I'd definitely like to see Michigan win; but I also don't care if they remain mediocre forever!

I was thinking that the 2011 Michigan coach was going to be the coach that won the 2010 Michigan UConn game? Now it's Harbaugh? All this Michigan talk is just so confusing. Hopefully Kalderwood stays away from this thread otherwise it will get out-of-hand quickly.

If he's smart enough to go to Stanford, he's smart enough to know when to leave. He is going to be the top pick in the draft if he declares, and while the NFL owners are desperately trying to throw a salary cap on rookies, getting out as soon as you can is the right play.

This is quite amusing. I heard they were moving the team to Los Angeles too to accomodate them financially as well... of course I'm not serious!

Latest posts