Sounds like NO Prater, Tarp, Gettis, Hampton or Binns

Looks like Ballard will get a chance to show off his versatility a little bit. He is listed as a starter at DT, but Daniels will sub in for him, and Ballard will rotate with LeBron Daniel at DE when Daniels comes in (they are listed as co-starters at DE).

I think Ballard and Clayborn are the ends and Klug and Daniels at the tackles for the Eastern Illinois game.

There is no one listed behind Daniels at DT (Ballard is listed as the starter). I'm guessing that the coaches don't want Daniels to have to play the whole time (even though he can, it's nice to keep him fresh). But they also probably don't want Daniel doing that either. I won't be surprised to see Ballard move around a little, and give both Daniels and Daniel some rest (while receiving some of his own, too). Plus, that would be a nightmare to prepare for (for EIU's offensive line).

Does this alphabetical rule only apply to the Hawkeye starters? Because numerous back ups with the slash are not alphabetical and the Eastern Illinois Right Guard co-starters are not alphabetical.

Heck if I know. Apparently they aren't in alph order I guess, but a slash still means "or" which means co-starter.

Castillo over Bernstine is the biggest surprise to me. I would have been less surprised by Lowe getting the start based on last season. Hope this means Castillo has made a lot of progress.

Ok, I've pretty much been in a migraine coma the last couple of days. So what's going on? Prater is out and Gettis is rumored to be hurt? Hopefully if true it's just one game. We need these guys going into ISU and Arizona.

Latest posts