Sounds Like Marvin is Impressing in Mobile

According to Tony Pauline of SI "Marvin McNutt continues to struggle." He apparently beat Houston on a deep route but then dropped one placed right in his hands by Kirk Cousins.

McNutt to me was a receiver who made some spectacular catches but also had some inexplicable drops. In other words not consistent. A great Hawk receiver but not always consistent.

shows incredible concentration ability on the tough ones, but maybe a lack of concentration on the easier ones.

If he falls below middle of the 3rd round he will be a great pick for someone. My Niners sure can use a wr good god. I hope he ends up right in the middle rounds so he can paid something to start off with but not have the crazy expectations of being a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Here is a note from another source yesterday:

WR Marvin McNutt (Iowa) is showing me exactly what I want to see. He has good hands and can really snatch the ball out of the air. He is really effective on short, underneath routes and on deep balls. His ability to go up and get the ball will make him an effective NFL player regardless of his 40 time.

Senior Bowl Practice Notes Through Day Two: Courtney Upshaw Rising - NFL Mocks - Covering the 2012 NFL draft, Mock Draft Database, Scouting Reports, and Fantasy Football

Johnson is a thug, always has been and always will be. I'm sure he'll be in jail when he's out of the league in a year or two.

Johnson at one corner and a midget, excuse me, a little person at another, yet McNutt was targeted maybe 6 times Sept. 11th.:mad:

McNutt was not targeted once on Sept. 11th. The Iowa/ISU game was on Sept 10th last year.

If you're gonna **** and moan about something, at least try and get the date right.

From Wes Bunting...

"Also, #SeniorBowl wide outs, still think on the North Squad #Iowa Marvin McNutt is the top BIG WR prospect bc he can beat press consistently"

I think with his "BIG" he meant size-wise, not a play on the Big 10 logo.

Both Matt bowen and wes bunting, who are reporting for national football post, have both liked what they have seen out of mcnutt this week.
My uneducated guess is that he goes somewhere late 3rd -early 4th round in the draft.

McNutt was not targeted once on Sept. 11th. The Iowa/ISU game was on Sept 10th last year.

If you're gonna **** and moan about something, at least try and get the date right.

Really, numbnuts? You are going to nitpick over something so trivial.:rolleyes:

Both Matt bowen and wes bunting, who are reporting for national football post, have both liked what they have seen out of mcnutt this week. My uneducated guess is that he goes somewhere late 3rd -early 4th round in the draft.
So far only one scout that i have seen on twiiter had negative things to say. It will really help him that free agency is back to normal. I think he can sneak into the second round as a lixury pick for a good team like NO or SF.

List of teams that will take a look at McNutt:

Arizona - no depth at all at WR position #2 is Early Doucett and #3 is Andre Roberts
Carolina - Johnson is getting old and nobody behind him. They need a possession receiver.
Chicago - Their WRs are terrible.
Cinci - No depth and Simpson will likely be heading to jail.
Cleveland - Same as CHicago
Denver - Same but if he ends up here it won't be until the 6th round
Detroit - He would be a perfect WR to help move coverage away from Megatron. If he goes to Detroit I could see him moving to the 3rd or 4th
GB - Need to add depth
Houston - with Johnson's hammy injury they realized they don't have much behind him.
Jacksonville - Have any of you even heard of Cecil Shorts? He is the #3 if that gives you any indication of how bad this team is.
Minny - They are solid at TE and they have their QB set. They will likely look for D first but late McNutt could go there.
New England - This is where I think he will end up in the 5th round.
Jets - With the issues that Plax and Dirty Sanchez have had I could see the Jets adding depth.
Pittsburg - Ward will likely retire.
Seattle - they need help at every position so its unlikely they will draft WR
San Fran - wouldn't shock me to see him end up out there.
Tampa Bay - Like other sucky teams in teh NFL they need help everywhere.
Tennessee - The Titans need depth at WR. They are cursed at keeping WRs healthy though
Washington - See Tampa Bay, they suck everywhere.

He will be a 4th round flyer, 5th round solid pick and 6th round will be the farthest he falls. Too many teams need WR depth and he is top 20 WR so he will get picked for sure. Keep in mind that there are a ton of WRs this year that are high 4.4 and low 4.5 possession type guys.

Last edited:
You people are all so freaking silly. Until Marvin runs his 40 and, more importantly, his shuttle and cone drills at the combine, you have no idea where he is going in the draft.

I remember last year everyone talking about DJK. Well, his combined shuttle numbers were not good. But, some people just didn't care. Well, the NFL does.

Really, numbnuts? You are going to nitpick over something so trivial.:rolleyes:

Just like you are going to nitpick over a game that happened 4 and a half months ago. We lost the game, get over it. Maybe KF will ask for your play calling suggestions next year, numbnuts.

Latest posts