Sounds like KM gone at end of year

He for sure needs to find the weight room. Against MD Ayalla I noticed bullied him around a few times. He'll want to toughen up some and he will. He's got a great skill set and with a shot like that it'll be tough to keep him off the floor

I think it would be a big mistake to bulk up Murray for him to play post in the NBA. I think his perfect position in the NBA is the 3.

Sandfort is improving rapidly and should be the top scoring option on the team next year.

I also love how quick his release is. By this time next year as he gets stronger so will NBA scouts.
He needs to work on his mechanics. This whole year he has either been on or way off like tonight. I believe part of that is do to how quick he gets it off. Typically when he is off, it is either left or right. That is something he should be able to fix during a game by the feel of the ball off his hand. I think you are getting ahead of yourself with the NBA talk.

Last edited:
Sandfort often plays like a freshamn and tries to play like hes in high school throwing up a lot of bad shots. I assume we are hard after his brother as well giving us more brother action. Unfortunately this kids mechanics are hard to describe and not in a positive way. But I like his hustle.

Finished listening to the Hawkeye of the Storm podcast with Gary Close. Les Jepsen was on there tonight. Les said he would hope KM would stay and work more on his game. He sees him more as the #23 guy this year in the draft....and a #5 guy in the draft a year from now.

He needs to work on his mechanics. This whole year he has either been on or way off like tonight. I believe part of that is do to how quick he gets it off. Typically when he is off, it is either left or right. That is something he should be able to during during a game by the feel of the ball off his hand. I think you are getting ahead of yourself with the NBA talk.
He did have a bad night last night. He was rushing things. That was a damaging a loss for Iowa as Wisconsin was for Indiana earlier in the week. It may work in their favor that they have no time to dwell on it before they head to Columbus but they also got a couple players banged up last night (Keegan, Rebraca, Tony Perkins) and that isn't good