Soundoff Traditions

Kingsbury14

Always love hearing the callers that forget to turn their sound off. What I love even more is the aggressive responses by Jim and Jon and typically a cold hearted cut off soon thereafter. Funny stuff!

I love Sound Off because it goes later than WMT's show.....although MT does have a postgame show after night games while on HO they do it before the network pregame.

GHI

need to get back to the tradition of more phone calls its turning into and espn show

Are you talking about Soundoff? We took more than 70 phone calls yesterday and close to 4 hours of air time. The only real scoreboard rundown we did that was any longer than 60 seconds was the last 10 minutes of the show.

I always listen to Jim and Jon on the way home from Iowa City. It is part of our gameday tradition.

Most annoying things about soundoff:

-The negative and moronic fans, which there are generally a lot of. Yesterday a guy called in and said KF should have taken Stanzi out in favor of JVB prior to Ricky getting dinged up. He thought JVB should be basically splitting time with Stanzi. Joke.

-The "shout outs" to lil pookie and ray ray every other call

-The people who keep their radio turned up even AFTER Jon has reminded them hundreds of times over the last hour (they keep it turned up because them and their friends think it is so cool that they can hear their voice on the radio...)

-The commercials. Some of the commercial breaks are 6-10 minutes long. It really is hard to listen to them, so I find myself channel surfing and missing parts of the show. I understand you have to pay the bills, but why so long?

-The commercials. Some of the commercial breaks are 6-10 minutes long. It really is hard to listen to them, so I find myself channel surfing and missing parts of the show. I understand you have to pay the bills, but why so long?

The top of the hour news break is the only one that is that long. The in show breaks are around 3 minutes and there are three of those. So usually about 43 minutes of each hour is calls.

The top of the hour news break is the only one that is that long. The in show breaks are around 3 minutes and there are three of those. So usually about 43 minutes of each hour is calls.

Fair enough. I didn't mean to come off as a Debbie Downer. I do thoroughly enjoy the show, and what you and Jim provide to us all as we travel down I-80 back to Des Moines.

Also, I think you do a nice job of putting the out of line callers (let's call them that on here :)) back in line.

On HT yesterday, Eric Thigpin was only 30 secs into the show before he started referring to Iowa State as the Clowns. It was great!

Latest posts