Sorry to intrude but I have a couple questions

tazclone

I haven't watched iowa as much this season as I have in the past but I did see the tOSU game and have a couple of questions
  1. Tarpinian/Nielsen- I am assuming they are hurt. If so, when were they hurt? If not did they get beat out(guessing this is not the case)?
  2. Adam Robinson- Is he dinged up or is Coker stealing carries?
  3. How many seniors does this team lose from its two deeps?
Thanks for any replies

I haven't watched iowa as much this season as I have in the past but I did see the tOSU game and have a couple of questions
  1. Tarpinian/Nielsen- I am assuming they are hurt. If so, when were they hurt? If not did they get beat out(guessing this is not the case)?
  2. Adam Robinson- Is he dinged up or is Coker stealing carries?
  3. How many seniors does this team lose from its two deeps?
Thanks for any replies

1. Tarp has basically been out since the PSU game or the whole Big Ten season, Nielsen has been out since MSU

2. ARob got a concussion against MSU and missed the Indiana game so Coker has gotten more carries (not enough IMO but that is another story)

3. If you go by the 48 guys on the two deeps this week (includes kickers and punters) Iowa is losing 16 guys.

Edit: I guess it is 47 guys as Koeppel is listed as the backup center and starting RG so Iowa loses 16 of their top 47.

Last edited:
Tarp and Nielsen have been off and on injured throughout most of the year which has forced us to play a couple of freshmen. They did not get beat out, and this is a huge reason for Iowa's struggles. Although the replacements have done a respectable job, especially James Morris.

Adam Robinson suffered a concussion against Michigan State earlier in the year and did not play at all against Indiana. He also was hit hard on a controversial play late in the OSU game and is not expected to play in the regular season finale. Having said that, Coker has looked impressive when given the chance and his play has led to some Hawk fans asking for more carries to go Cokers way.

Iowa loses quite a few players of importance heading into next year. Most noteworthy: Adrian Clayborn, DJK, Ricky Stanzi, Karl Klug, Christian Ballard, Tarp, Brent Greenwood, amongst others. But, Iowa does return some key pieces including most of the offensive line.

Thanks for the responses. I usually get to see a lot more iowa games but my kids are in too much crap this year.

Latest posts