Sorry....I just had to share this.

This year, more people outside of Iowa are talking about Iowa troubles than ISU going or not going to a bowl game.

Hawkeye fans for years have been ignoring problems at Iowa in exchange for 8 wins per year. If Iowa wins 7 or 8 games this year, most on here will go back to normal. That strikes me as more weird than ISU wanting a bowl game to go with 5 wins. Think about how much Hawk fans would have been thrilled at a bow in 79 or 80.

ISU's winless B12 season thus far has been competitive which is more than can be said about Iowa's O.

I give them some slack. Being a Hawk fan in 1978 isn't as bad as being a Clown fan.

Last edited:
Hawkeye fans for years have been ignoring problems at Iowa in exchange for 8 wins per year. If Iowa wins 7 or 8 games this year, most on here will go back to normal. That strikes me as more weird than ISU wanting a bowl game to go with 5 wins.

Iowa could win the rest of their games this season and I'd still want BF gone. There is NO excuse for the embarrassment of the Iowa offense earlier this season and I don't care how much he fixes it, my answer will always be 'where was this earlier in the season?'.

But what is "normal"? I'm still going to root for the Hawkeyes and will come on here with my half glass full type of attitude, if that's returning to "normal" then I'll be guilty of it I guess. I'm ok with 8 wins per year with an occasional 10 win season sprinkled in.

This year, more people outside of Iowa are talking about Iowa troubles than ISU going or not going to a bowl game.

Hawkeye fans for years have been ignoring problems at Iowa in exchange for 8 wins per year. If Iowa wins 7 or 8 games this year, most on here will go back to normal. That strikes me as more weird than ISU wanting a bowl game to go with 5 wins. Think about how much Hawk fans would have been thrilled at a bow in 79 or 80.

ISU's winless B12 season thus far has been competitive which is more than can be said about Iowa's O.

I give them some slack. Being a Hawk fan in 1978 isn't as bad as being a Clown fan.

Everyone here would be totally off the KF bandwagon if we had been seeing a consistent 7-8 wins per year. The reality is that lately it has been more like 9-10.

2021: 10
2020: extrapolated 9-10
2019: 10
2018: 9
2017: 8
2016: 8
2015: 12

7-8 per year was absolutely wearing everyone out, and I would say the majority would have been in favor of a change at the end of 2014.

But we cannot ignore the reality of what the last 5 years have been. A lot of very good, but always short of great (could 2020 have been our great year?).

I am with @ssckelley , we have tons of info now that we need a RADICAL change in the offensive philosophy. If we see it soon, I think this thing (KF era) can be salvaged. If he runs this back next year...yikes.

Iowa could win the rest of their games this season and I'd still want BF gone. There is NO excuse for the embarrassment of the Iowa offense earlier this season and I don't care how much he fixes it, my answer will always be 'where was this earlier in the season?'.

But what is "normal"? I'm still going to root for the Hawkeyes and will come on here with my half glass full type of attitude, if that's returning to "normal" then I'll be guilty of it I guess. I'm ok with 8 wins per year with an occasional 10 win season sprinkled in.
Good points and we agree on some of it. I will always be a Hawk fan. I go a step further and say I can no longer be a fan of KF. BF is a symptom of a bigger problem.

I can always admire KF for being able to turn things around.... Like an aircraft carrier though at times. I've learned to never underestimate him. He's provided some very exciting times. At times, he's provided "good times" that still are like molasses running uphill in excitement on the field, but still excitement about the process..

In a way he's very university like. My career has been both in academia and business. In academia, the process trumps the outcome. In business, outcome is basically the bottom line. Ferentzing as a process has been more important to him than outcomes at times. At the same time there seems to be disconnect with the fans and with the players by KF.

I do think he at times crosses the line on being narcissistic. All coaches probably are narcissistic at times, but from this point forward it's awfully hard to just look the other way.

'Fixes' it... haha Yeah I'm with you totally. We hit 30 points for the one time this yr we'll do it against Northwestern. It probably isn't happening again and for crying out loud good teams are damn near averaging that. The great teams significantly more.

You're right there's no other word for what's happened to this offense this yr then embarrassing. If somehow some way BF got this offense to put up 30 plus points every game and they win out the rest of the way, that'd be about the only way he could have a fighting chance to keep his job next yr but we all know neither of which is happening...

Everyone here would be totally off the KF bandwagon if we had been seeing a consistent 7-8 wins per year. The reality is that lately it has been more like 9-10.

2021: 10
2020: extrapolated 9-10
2019: 10
2018: 9
2017: 8
2016: 8
2015: 12

7-8 per year was absolutely wearing everyone out, and I would say the majority would have been in favor of a change at the end of 2014.

But we cannot ignore the reality of what the last 5 years have been. A lot of very good, but always short of great (could 2020 have been our great year?).

I am with @ssckelley , we have tons of info now that we need a RADICAL change in the offensive philosophy. If we see it soon, I think this thing (KF era) can be salvaged. If he runs this back next year...yikes.
Yes, the record has been that. But I do think 7/8 wins would placate most people, especially with an occasional upset.. Several of the years you brought up had a distinctive MEH feel to it in how the record was earned.

'Fixes' it... haha Yeah I'm with you totally. We hit 30 points for the one time this yr we'll do it against Northwestern. It probably isn't happening again and for crying out loud good teams are damn near averaging that. The great teams significantly more.

You're right there's no other word for what's happened to this offense this yr then embarrassing. If somehow some way BF got this offense to put up 30 plus points every game and they win out the rest of the way, that'd be about the only way he could have a fighting chance to keep his job next yr but we all know neither of which is happening...
If it happened from here on out, (30ppg) it would raise more questions than provide solutions.

If it happened from here on out, (30ppg) it would raise more questions than provide solutions.
Well it could be partially explained away due to competition if we were to. We aren't exactly playing murderers row the rest of the way compared to OSU Michigan and IL that we've already wrestled with. Although MN and Wisky both have defenses that'll give us trouble regardless. It's just a crazy hypothetical though we all know it isn't happening. We may as well be wishing for a final 4 run in hoops instead.

Honestly, yeah, you are right. Granted I'd LOVE to see this happen but it would leave us all scratching our heads as to wtf happened the first 7 games of the season.

Before anyone points out the "soft" schedule remaining I'd like to remind everyone at just how horrible this offense looked against SDSU, Iowa State, and even that Nevada game they looked like shit. Regardless what happens the rest of the season, the offense could average 50 points per game the rest of the way, I'll still be calling for change at the OC position. That was flat out embarrassing and it made national headlines.

For the life of me I can't figure out why in the hell Kirk would put his son through that.

The WR and OL injuries (let's not forget, 60% of our penciled-in OL from spring didn't make it to the start of the season) have really highlighted the overall shortcomings of the philosophy, and the inability of the offensive staff to creatively problem-solve. Getting some WR healthy, and getting the OL settled, will help. But those problems aren't going away.

Honestly, yeah, you are right. Granted I'd LOVE to see this happen but it would leave us all scratching our heads as to wtf happened the first 7 games of the season.

Before anyone points out the "soft" schedule remaining I'd like to remind everyone at just how horrible this offense looked against SDSU, Iowa State, and even that Nevada game they looked like shit. Regardless what happens the rest of the season, the offense could average 50 points per game the rest of the way, I'll still be calling for change at the OC position. That was flat out embarrassing and it made national headlines.

For the life of me I can't figure out why in the hell Kirk would put his son through that.
I can't either, but when it comes to "family business", and relationships, there are usually a lot of things that don't make sense.

I've taken shots for this before. Frankly, I think KF has some significant unresolved emotional issues. They seem to be strongly oriented toward control issues. Control is a code word for abuse or oriented that way.

But let's face it. Most of us (me included) have issues having not gotten through life unscathed.

Could you imagine being dad and CEO of a company and in front of thousands of clients your VP son let off what he did several years ago on camera? Especially if you as a dad were consistently putting forth a controlled near perfect persona that wasn't accurate?

KF and BF are relatively normal (used broadly) with high profile jobs. Sort of like reality TV.

Whether BF stays or BF goes, and it's up in the air afaik, change gotta come to the offensive side of the ball. What BF and GD have provided over the past 11 years is an unacceptable product. It has held Iowa football back, prevented greatness. Gitrdun or get out man.

Saw that piece in the DSM paper. Randy P's arms have to be tired after all these years of continually lifting up the Clones no matter the situation.

Ink on paper with the DSM Register these days is more opinion based than news based. It's like salmon swimming upstream but they keep trying to make their interest Iowa's interests. Another attempt by Randy P to keep his team elevated.........at least Leistikow isn't sugar coating his reporting to much degree but he sure isn't getting the coverage they give to the Cyclones these days.....................a far cry from The Peach.

I think the clowns lose this game and it makes Iowa's lose to them even a bigger head scratcher.

Latest posts