Somethings got to give

If I remember right, Fran was willing to take both Ogundele and Foster to make it a 6 man class. He wouldn't have been willing to do that if he didn't have a plan about the scholarship distribution. (Till being a 1 year deal and his 2 sons being the aces in the hole if needed, is what comes to mind for me.)

I believe the rule is if you’re on scholarship for one sport and you play another sport you have to count the scholarship against the total for both sports. So whether his scholarship is with the baseball team or basketball team it counts against both allotments. I could be wrong on that.
This is true. Otherwise every $EC team would have 200 guys on ‘scholly’, using scholarship allotments from every other sport (think swimming, bowling, ping pong, etc) to field massive and unbeatable (money-making) basketball and football teams

I believe the rule is if you’re on scholarship for one sport and you play another sport you have to count the scholarship against the total for both sports. So whether his scholarship is with the baseball team or basketball team it counts against both allotments. I could be wrong on that.
From my understanding a dual sport athlete counts against the allotment for the higher revenue sport (i think). That way you couldn't load up the rowing team per se with football players to get an advantage. I could be wrong though, it might count against both

Edit - looked around for a bit and this is the only thing I could find about it in the 5 minutes I wanted to spend looking. It looks like the sports have somewhat of a ranking system.

From Wiki:
Rules for multi-sport athletes[edit]
The NCAA also has rules specifying the sport in which multi-sport athletes are to be counted, with the basic rules being:[53]

• Anyone who participates in football is counted in that sport, even if he does not receive financial aid from the football program. An exception exists for players at non-scholarship FCS programs who receive aid in another sport.[54]
  • Participants in basketball are counted in that sport, unless they also play football.
  • Participants in men's ice hockey are counted in that sport, unless they also play football or basketball.
  • Participants in both men's swimming and diving and men's water polo are counted in swimming and diving, unless they count in football or basketball.
  • Participants in women's (indoor) volleyball are counted in that sport unless they also play basketball.
  • All other multi-sport athletes are counted in whichever sport the school chooses.

Last edited:
This is true. Otherwise every $EC team would have 200 guys on ‘scholly’, using scholarship allotments from every other sport (think swimming, bowling, ping pong, etc) to field massive and unbeatable (money-making) basketball and football teams
Alabama would have a ping pong team full of 300 pound guys who weren't even Asian.

Latest posts