Something positive, a lot of things are really wrong at Iowa, but is the season over?

Re: Something positive, a lot of things are really wrong at Iowa, but is the season o

Well, I am voting for Obama:). Got to like the hope word.

Re: Something positive, a lot of things are really wrong at Iowa, but is the season o

Frankly, I'm tired of losing to Northwestern.

And a 6-6 record going to a minor bowl is like a participation trophy for youth soccer.

You like the that word hope. I've watched the first 8 games and can tell you this team needs a lot more than hope..
I know I've asked you this before.... but have you ever posted a positive comment on these boards? Why all the negativity in your posts?

Man, I wonder what it feels like to be a "unicorns and rainbows" person. It must be awesome.

Well, then I think we are going to win 3 out of 4 the rest of the way! Man that was tough, but I got through it!

Last edited:

Well, then I think we are going 3 out of 4 the rest of the way! Man that was tough, but I got through it!

..but do you believe it? I dont have any evidence to support the belief that we will win 2 more. But i will believe it until otherwise...

Even if somehow they managed 2-2 to finish the season it would be pizza pizza who cares.

...because the alternative is to complain and cry...which does nothing..

Even if somehow they managed 2-2 to finish the season it would be pizza pizza who cares.

Yeah..cause we dont except lower tier bowls...given the historic greatness...

This year is tough...we will improve next year...we had a huge void in talent due to many factors....talent will improve..i hope.

- If we lose the next 3 but take out the huskers - i'll be satisfied even if we miss the pizza pizza bowl.

That leaves Michigan and Nebraska. These are teams you should be able to get up for.

One would also think a night game against PSU in Kinnick would be one to "get up for".... We will MAYBE win one more game, Neb or Mich not gonna happen.

I'm still holding out that we could go 6-6 and go to a bowl. Maybe if we got the extra practice time it can help us prepare a quarterback for next year. I have no hope that we'll see another one this year. I'm hoping for two more wins but I wouldn't be suprised for an 0-4 finish. I predicted a 6-6 season but I almost always come in with a prediction that falls at least one game short. For so many years we always played up or down to our competition but this year playing up to is falling short.

- If we lose the next 3 but take out the huskers - i'll be satisfied even if we miss the pizza pizza bowl.
This. I was thinking the same thing.
In fact, I'd take that right now rather than a 6-6 record with the two wins being Indy & Purdue.

I don't think I would use the word "satisfied" but would make the season more tolerable.

Do you think this is what their saying over on the Michigan, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma boards? Fire the coaches. We don't have the talent we thought we had. The great BOB STOOPS loses two games, so far, at Norman this year. **** happens fellas.

The coaches quit on this team before the PSU game.

What is the definition of insanity?

This coaching staff has a number of things going against them, but to say that they quit when they were 4-2 and 2-0 in conference play may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. To "quit" when your on top of the conference and just won a big game on the road is just insane.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no. Go Hawks, beat Indiana State!

I'm still holding out that we could go 6-6 and go to a bowl. Maybe if we got the extra practice time it can help us prepare a quarterback for next year. I have no hope that we'll see another one this year. I'm hoping for two more wins but I wouldn't be suprised for an 0-4 finish. I predicted a 6-6 season but I almost always come in with a prediction that falls at least one game short. For so many years we always played up or down to our competition but this year playing up to is falling short.

There's an internet truism that's had the life beaten clear out of it.

Latest posts