Something just doesn't sit right

okeefe4prez

At the end of the Iowa-Tennessee game, the ubiquitous "SEC" chant started and it has been gnawing at me bince that game ended. We should still be playing right now because we had a solid ballclub that was predicted a likely Final Four participant. But what happened? We had to play a Round 1 game against Sweet 16 participant Tennessee (who lost to Michigan, a team that both Iowa and Iowa State beat). Anyway, that chant made one thing crystal clear - we were dealing with a major home court advantage situation in Dayton. Think about it. Dayton is a simple jaunt up I-75 from Knoxville, TN, yet it is a whopping 478 miles from Iowa City. There were like 50 Hawk fans there and thousands upon thousands of UT fans there.

If the tourney is going to just hand teams what are essentially home games, I see no reason for us to even dignify their invitations in the future.

And UConn had a million east coast fans in MSG Friday and today, just ask the ISU fans who were there.

I agree that the first 4 play in games should be more neutral site oriented but they want butts in the seats

And the hawks will never turn down an invite.

At the end of the Iowa-Tennessee game, the ubiquitous "SEC" chant started and it has been gnawing at me bince that game ended. We should still be playing right now because we had a solid ballclub that was predicted a likely Final Four participant. But what happened? We had to play a Round 1 game against Sweet 16 participant Tennessee (who lost to Michigan, a team that both Iowa and Iowa State beat). Anyway, that chant made one thing crystal clear - we were dealing with a major home court advantage situation in Dayton. Think about it. Dayton is a simple jaunt up I-75 from Knoxville, TN, yet it is a whopping 478 miles from Iowa City. There were like 50 Hawk fans there and thousands upon thousands of UT fans there.

If the tourney is going to just hand teams what are essentially home games, I see no reason for us to even dignify their invitations in the future.

We needed to stay out of the play-in game...it's always held in Dayton. Unfortunately, the team late season crash doomed us to Dayton. There were a lot more than 50 Hawk fans too but we were outnumbered.

I don't think we would turn down any invite to the NCAA do you? Play to our potential next year...let this season go.

Is this even a serious post? If it's serious, it's really the kind of post that makes Hawk fans look bad. I mean, the selection committee really needed to take into account how far each respective campus is from Dayton before placing the teams? We should have turned down the invite where we were really lucky to even get the play-in game? Good heavens man.

Is this even a serious post? If it's serious, it's really the kind of post that makes Hawk fans look bad. I mean, the selection committee really needed to take into account how far each respective campus is from Dayton before placing the teams? We should have turned down the invite where we were really lucky to even get the play-in game? Good heavens man.

It is not. For one thing, UD Arena is over 300 miles from me right now, not exactly a simple jaunt. If there were 100 times as many Vol fans who drove 5 hours as there were Hawk fans who drove 8 hours, it says more about Hawk fans than about the location of the game.

I was there. The city of Dayton seemed real proud of their event. There were many Tennessee fans their but also a fair amount of Iowa fans. The majority of fans though seemed to be Dayton season ticket holders. Many also, Ohio state fans that I thought were showing Big Ten allegiance. Not much of a conspiracy when you lose 6 out of your last 7..

It was a game matching two teams heading in decidedly different directions. Even in the first half when we had the big lead, I didn't think for a second that we would win that game. It was just another kick to the collective nads of the Iowa fandom.

It was a game matching two teams heading in decidedly different directions. Even in the first half when we had the big lead, I didn't think for a second that we would win that game. It was just another kick to the collective nads of the Iowa fandom.

I don't think there is any reason for our nads to be collected together? That just seems wrong.

Latest posts