Someone PLease explain Wisconsin love to me...

BSpringsteen

Why are they ranked higher than Iowa to start the year from so many?

The only ranked team they beat all of last year was Miami.

We beat them at home, and return 14 starters from a BCS bowl team.

Is it because of Clay? The guy with fumblitis who Iowa owner in the second half last year?

Some people are just ignorant. Iowa always seems to get less respect than we deserve, but that doesn't matter. We will destroy Wisconsin again.

This doesn't bother me b/c I know it will be settled on the field. I do think that the love for Clay combined with the # of starters they have back is the reason, which I don't have a problem with. It will work itself out in this case.

Wisconsin has a ton of returning starters and always puts a very solid team on the field. They should be getting some love.

Wisky will be good. Iowa will be good. Per usual, it will be settled on the field. I believe we're one game above .500 with them for the entire series. Great rivalry.

It is a little puzzling. I am actually even more bothered by the widespread love for TCU, who did nothing in the Fiesta to convince me they belong up there with the big boys. Hopefully they drop their season opener @ Oregon St.

Alvarez ,buys them off with party favors, wisky can't recruit without wathching where IOWA goes or who they offer,than they wisky try to move in and steal our recruits ,just like they tampered with Brust.

Athlon Sports 2009 Pre-season poll
1. Florida
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Ohio State
6. Alabama
7. Penn State
8. Virginia Tech
9. Oklahoma State
10. Mississippi
11. California
12. Boise State
13. Oregon
14. Georgia
15. Florida State
16. Nebraska
17. LSU
18. Cincinnati
19. North Carolina
20. Michigan State
21. Utah
22. Georgia Tech
23. Iowa
24. Notre Dame
25. Oregon State

Now look at the final poll of the bcs or AP and tell me how close they were on picking the teams. not very good if you ask me. 5 teams didnt even finish in the top 25 so screw top 25 preseason polls they suck

Athlon Sports 2009 Pre-season poll
1. Florida
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Ohio State
6. Alabama
7. Penn State
8. Virginia Tech
9. Oklahoma State
10. Mississippi
11. California
12. Boise State
13. Oregon
14. Georgia
15. Florida State
16. Nebraska
17. LSU
18. Cincinnati
19. North Carolina
20. Michigan State
21. Utah
22. Georgia Tech
23. Iowa
24. Notre Dame
25. Oregon State

Now look at the final poll of the bcs or AP and tell me how close they were on picking the teams. not very good if you ask me. 5 teams didnt even finish in the top 25 so screw top 25 preseason polls they suck

Iowa Below GT??????

Writers like offense. Wisky has a big line, a big back, and a ton of returning starters. I think most teams will have issues lining up against this group. I don't expect the Hawkeyes to be one of the teams that struggle.

That said we may have a greater tendency to play down to the level of the competition and our style of play will keep a lot of games pretty close. A pick 6 or 2 and we could lose a game we should win.

Anytime a big ten gets some love, I'm for it 'cause I like our odds when we take the field against them. Today I'd expect the Hawks to only be dogs in the ohio state game. We might not win every game we'll be favored in, but I wouldn't bet against us now.

Wisconsin almost always gets the pre-season knob-slob from the media. No big whoop.
But it's really not all that baffling, really - they'll likely have what will arguably be the B10's best OL, Clay, a very solid returning QB in Tolzien, a typically stout (I assume) defense, and really swell shiny red jerseys. I mean, along with Iowa and OSU, you'd have to think they'll be right in the thick of things, so it's not entirely outlandish for the media to hype them up. But like I said, it kinda always seems like they get lots o' love. Whatevs. We'll find out what's up in October.

Wisconsin almost always gets the pre-season knob-slob from the media. No big whoop.
But it's really not all that baffling, really - they'll likely have what will arguably be the B10's best OL, Clay, a very solid returning QB in Tolzien, a typically stout (I assume) defense, and really swell shiny red jerseys. I mean, along with Iowa and OSU, you'd have to think they'll be right in the thick of things, so it's not entirely outlandish for the media to hype them up. But like I said, it kinda always seems like they get lots o' love. Whatevs. We'll find out what's up in October.

Don't forget Nick Toon at WR. I'm not being sarcastic, he's one of the best WR's in the Big Ten this year. Doesn't get a ton of pub, but he's probably their best since Lee Evans. The only other one that comes close was Brandon Williams.

They always have talent but they can't seem to put it together.....they have some nice players but they will be coming to Iowa City the week after they host OSU.

Iowa is better on paper, but Wisconsin is solid, and they played Iowa tough last year. Iowa could be very good and still lose three games this year. But if the Hawks stay healthy and get the ground game going- look out Wisconsin, and everyone else!

This, from Athlon:

Last year’s Badgers won 10 games (including a bowl), and this year’s outfit could be even better. The offense should reprise last year’s success, when it was one of only six in the country to average 200 yards per game both passing and running. In fact, it could be even better, thanks to Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year John Clay, a dangerous runner, and quarterback Scott Tolzien, who surprised last year with his accuracy and consistency. The whole offensive line is back, too. If the defense can fill its holes along the front, and UW can cut back on the TD passes it allows, it might just be able to make a run at the Big Ten title.

Don't forget Nick Toon at WR. I'm not being sarcastic, he's one of the best WR's in the Big Ten this year. Doesn't get a ton of pub, but he's probably their best since Lee Evans. The only other one that comes close was Brandon Williams.

Yeah, I almost included him, but I couldn't remember if he'd graduated. And, they always seem to have decent-great TEs.

Latest posts