Somehow Iowa does it....well thanks Jok

Based on the announcers, FSU is the best team in the nation. Iowa's Wagner is the only player on the court athletic enough to compete with FSU. I guess Iowa just got lucky.

We got issues but we're still a decent team. 5-2 with a fairly tough schedule is respectable.

Craig Robinson, was that the color guy? What a stick. It was all about athleticism and potential yada yada (long stupid incapable color guy pause).

Craig Robinson, was that the color guy? What a stick. It was all about athleticism and potential yada yada (long stupid incapable color guy pause).

Yes it was. I'm guessing, based on your screen name, you know enough about his basketball failures to take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Based on the announcers, FSU is the best team in the nation. Iowa's Wagner is the only player on the court athletic enough to compete with FSU. I guess Iowa just got lucky.

They were definitely the most athletic and energized team we've seen so far, and possibly will see all year. Also, they mentioned multiple times that we were their first real test and first good team they have faced.

If you're the big brother of the First Lady of the United States, you get to get jobs.

In any case, nice win. I have a feeling our three "decent wins" will end up looking better later in the season (marquette, wsu and fsu will all improve a lot -- as should we).

We're going to lose the rebounding battle against teams that have 3 seven footers and are taller than us at nearly every position on the court, but don't take that into account

Would like to see Wagner in for extended minutes vs UMKFC and Western Illinois.

Several times he was open on the roll last night and for some reason we just always hesitate to feed our post men. I like Wagner and would like to see him get these touches when he has space on the pick and roll.

Negative 5 on rebounds to that team was not bad. Some possessions FSU took in two our three just on that trip. Iowa was plus 2 in the second half. Rebounding was not a huge concern last night. The announcers were bad last night, not sure if they knew Iowa was playing too. Refs seemed a bit slow and out of position to make the calls they did last night. Let's hope the refs improve throughout the season as well??? The call were Woody got the foul swinging his elbow, the refs missed the fact that FSU's center was two handing checking Woodbury. This year that should be an automatic call! And apparently you cannot take a charge in college basketball and get the call anymore?

Anyone who complains about an announcer stating the obvious is blind to what they saw. I saw FSU more athletic at every position and if they had an avg shooting night FSU would have won by 20. We hung around, played tough and the confidence of the young FSU team waned. But FSU on a good night tears us apart. It was ridiculously obvious how much more athletic they were.

Anyone who complains about an announcer stating the obvious is blind to what they saw. I saw FSU more athletic at every position and if they had an avg shooting night FSU would have won by 20. We hung around, played tough and the confidence of the young FSU team waned. But FSU on a good night tears us apart. It was ridiculously obvious how much more athletic they were.

Iowa didn't exactly light it up. Uthoff had his worst game. Iowa missed the front end of 3 1-1's. Gesell had a few uncharacteristic unforced turnovers in the 1st half. Iowa really played poorly overall and still came away with the win.

Who would of ever thought Woody would be our most consistent free throw shooter? I know he is not but the improvement is remarkable.

I agree 1000% about FSU's athleticism, but having savvy upperclassman that made clutch shots in the right spots and played with poise countered that. I don't see any scenario with both teams at full strength that they ever beat us by 20... it's not like Iowa shot lights out and played with their hair on fire. We played and shot like crap and still beat them.

We missed a crap ton of open shots with good shooters. If we make those we win handily. People seem really eager to sell our team short and i don't quite understand it.

Seems like all of Hamilton's teams are like this. Freakish athletes, great offensive rebounding, below average shooting, erratic on offense, and at the end of the year judged as underperforming.

There is more to being a good basketball player than being ultra athletic.

There is more to being a good basketball player than being ultra athletic.

Yeah.... like shooting and dribbling - 2 things of which Iowa did better last night (shot better from the floor and beyond the arc and had fewer turnovers) than Florida State despite their HUGE advantage in Athleticism. But let's flip out, throw in the towel and go into the fetal position because a taller team out rebounded us by 3.

Latest posts