Somebody must really dislike Auburn

No mention on the age of the tree(s).

That's a pretty crappy thing to do even if you're a jaded Alabama fan.

Considering the caller on the show claims he did it, I'm sure he'll be facing criminal charges if they can figure out who it was.

No mention on the age of the tree(s).

That's a pretty crappy thing to do even if you're a jaded Alabama fan.

Considering the caller on the show claims he did it, I'm sure he'll be facing criminal charges if they can figure out who it was.

130 years old.

What kind fan thinks, I know how to show Auburn.. I'll kill their trees? That's just weird.

That's horrible....and I don't condone such an act as they are historic....but karma does suck. Maybe if they wouldn't have signed Newton to a pro deal things would be different. But that said...I do believe they need to attempt to find whoever did it and prosecute them. There had to have been a camera somewhere.

I just heard the replay of the guys original call on Jan 27 to the Paul Finebaum show on Sirius. This caller was a major boner. He was so proud of the fact that he killed these trees that he essentially gave exactly where he was and how he did it...which matched with the soil samples. It won't be long until they find him. The whole state of Alabama could fall off into the Gulf of Mexico for all I care.

By the way, has anyone ever listened to Finebaum's show? He makes me despise the SEC.

I just heard the replay of the guys original call on Jan 27 to the Paul Finebaum show on Sirius. This caller was a major boner. He was so proud of the fact that he killed these trees that he essentially gave exactly where he was and how he did it...which matched with the soil samples. It won't be long until they find him. The whole state of Alabama could fall off into the Gulf of Mexico for all I care.

By the way, has anyone ever listened to Finebaum's show? He makes me despise the SEC.

Seriously, the whole region. Really is amazing how these kids from decent areas decide to go spend their college years in that trough of human waste. And listening to Finebaum's show just puts it all in perspective. Sure, you might be warmer, but it is kind of like the difference between swimming in a cold stream and sitting in a tub full of feces. One is warmer, but that doesn't mean it's better.

That's a great question because he is vilified for doing this, but you know there are a significant amount of Bama, as well as other SEC teams, that will secretly shake this guys hand. In whatever klink he gets sent to there will be plenty of Bama fans. I'm just amazed at how open and proud he was about this.

There are some wonderful tall oaks around my parents place. They have not fared well over the last several years. My dad just had one cut down, about 150 to 180 rings in it. It was sick and wasn't leafing out like it is supposed to. Supposedly chestnut borers weakened the trees about 5 or 6 years back. Wouldn't take much to kill weakened older trees. I'm still not defending the actions, but I believe this to be accurate.
IMO the trees committed suicide. They didn't want to live in a place any longer where cheating is accepted and actually encouraged!;)

Seriously, the whole region. Really is amazing how these kids from decent areas decide to go spend their college years in that trough of human waste. And listening to Finebaum's show just puts it all in perspective. Sure, you might be warmer, but it is kind of like the difference between swimming in a cold stream and sitting in a tub full of feces. One is warmer, but that doesn't mean it's better.
Stereotype much? I happen to live in the South now and I'd say that the percentage of imbeciles is not much different here than it was in Iowa.

Students toilet paper those trees after wins. Some at the university tried to get that practice stopped because they foresaw the trees being targeted. They suggested putting fences up around these old oaks to try to protect them. Obviously that didn't happen. Somebody tried to set the toilet paper on fire at one point. The trees were insured, but what good does that really do? Not like you can replace them...

Disgusting act.... guy should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. BTW, say Paul Fienbaum on PTI.... guy makes John Clayton of ESPN look like an Adonis.

Latest posts