*Somebody* had to post this!

Fumble Rooskie. Levi is lead blocker around end for Landon for 70 yard "scamper." They do the Electric Slide in the end zone and get flagged.

Maybe not the first play of the game, but Wirfs did average a team leading 15 ypc last year. Just sayin'
I’m in favor of Wirfs behind a Brady Ross kamikaze mission for two point conversions after every single touchdown. Ross is enough of a bulldozer himself to at least get some momentum going and Wirfs can plow straight into him from behind with a full head of steam. Bodies will move.

I bet the net points advantage would be better than PATs at the end of the year.

Fumble Rooskie. Levi is lead blocker around end for Landon for 70 yard "scamper." They do the Electric Slide in the end zone and get flagged.
They can both do the splits, I’ve seen it at halftime of a basketball game. We can get even more creative than the Electric Slide.

I’m in favor of Wirfs behind a Brady Ross kamikaze mission for two point conversions after every single touchdown. Ross is enough of a bulldozer himself to at least get some momentum going and Wirfs can plow straight into him from behind with a full head of steam. Bodies will move.

I bet the net points advantage would be better than PATs at the end of the year.

Why is everyone missing the obvious solution of putting AJE on offense for goal-line? Iso-blocking, Wirfs leading, AJE coming behind. What LB is stepping up to stonewall that?

This is of course tongue-in-cheek, but I gotta admit that I would love to see it. Just for the spectacle if nothing else.

Everyone knows it will be a run, so it will be a pass - but everyone knows that since we know they all know it will be a run, they will be thinking pass, so we will run it!

Stanley read at the line. If they're stacking the box, it's a pass to Smith-Marsette right over the top of Manny Rugamba. If they line up neutral, straight down their throats til they stack the box. THEN right over the top of Manny Rugamba.

Stanley read at the line. If they're stacking the box, it's a pass to Smith-Marsette right over the top of Manny Rugamba. If they line up neutral, straight down their throats til they stack the box. THEN right over the top of Manny Rugamba.

You say right over the top of Manny like it has been done before... I still have nightmares from that series of events.

ESPN box-scores go back to 2003.
  • 2003: Chandler sacked (drive ends in punt)
  • 2004: Schnoor -1 (FG)
  • 2005: Schnoor -1 (TD)
  • 2006: Young +1 (punt)
  • 2007: Young +1 (punt)
  • 2008: Greene +15 (TD)
  • 2009: Stanzi sacked, fumbles, UNI recovers
  • 2010: Stanzi to Sandeman, +10 (TD)
  • 2011: Vandenberg to Coker, +13 (drive ends in Coker fumble; this was the Mikail McCall breakout then broken leg/torrential downpour game)
  • 2012: Vandenverg to KMM, +4 (FG)
  • 2013: Bullock +4 (RIP)
  • 2014: Ruddock to KMM, +11 (TD; Weisman had a 50 yard KOR to set this drive up)
  • 2015: Beathard to MVB, +5 (TD)
  • 2016: Daniels +6 (TD)
  • 2017: Wadley -1 (TD)
  • 2018: Stanley incomplete to Smith (about a 5 yard out as I recall; drive ends in blocked punt)
Overall: 8 runs (24 yards), 8 passes (2 sacks, including a fumble; 5/6 for 43 yards)

Last 10 years: 3 runs (9 yards); 7 passes (sack and fumble; 5/6 for 43 yards).

ESPN box-scores go back to 2003.
  • 2003: Chandler sacked (drive ends in punt)
  • 2004: Schnoor -1 (FG)
  • 2005: Schnoor -1 (TD)
  • 2006: Young +1 (punt)
  • 2007: Young +1 (punt)
  • 2008: Greene +15 (TD)
  • 2009: Stanzi sacked, fumbles, UNI recovers
  • 2010: Stanzi to Sandeman, +10 (TD)
  • 2011: Vandenberg to Coker, +13 (drive ends in Coker fumble; this was the Mikail McCall breakout then broken leg/torrential downpour game)
  • 2012: Vandenberg to KMM, +4 (FG)
  • 2013: Bullock +4 (RIP)
  • 2014: Ruddock to KMM, +11 (TD; Weisman had a 50 yard KOR to set this drive up)
  • 2015: Beathard to MVB, +5 (TD)
  • 2016: Daniels +6 (TD)
  • 2017: Wadley -1 (TD)
  • 2018: Stanley incomplete to Smith (about a 5 yard out as I recall; drive ends in blocked punt)
Overall: 8 runs (24 yards), 8 passes (2 sacks, including a fumble; 5/6 for 43 yards)

Last 10 years: 3 runs (9 yards); 7 passes (sack and fumble; 5/6 for 43 yards).

Last 8 years with a returning QB: 7 passes, 1 run.

M. Sargent off L tackle....just like we always do.

HOuJBomCkMIIiPcNhmvhzdxL97Ob2vrHfql4yJJpOyc.jpg

The goal is to run a lot of plays not score, necessarily

You are being facetious, of course, but there is value in running a lot of plays. Not only are you wearing out the D, but you are seeing how they are going to defend different looks. That gives you a better idea of what you want to do against them. Kind of analogous to making a pitcher throw more pitches and go through the lineup more times.

Delay of game. Mics on the field catch Evil Stanley (cause he has a goatee) dropping an F-bomb on BF “get the fucking play call in Brian!!!”

Then next play is those stupid little wide swing passes to slot WR for 4 yards. Not sure why we always throw those to our slowest WR. I get it’s for the slot player but why not get another guy in there just to run that route?

Latest posts