Some thoughts after an impressive comeback win

nickhawk

1. Very nice to see Basabe and Cartwright step up huge and both make some big time plays.
2. I loved to see the intensity and desire by the entire team
3. I really like Bardo as an announcer - I think he was right on in the majority of his analysis - he called out Gatens for not stepping up and he was very complimentary about the effort of the team, the athleticism of May and the clutch play of Basabe and Cartwright.
4. I love watching Eric May in the open court - nice to see an Iowa kid with that kind of vertical leap!
5. Tom Crean is definitely on my short list of most annoying coaches to watch on the sidelines - right up there with Mike Stoops of Arizona football, Bill Lynch and Tom Izzo.

Very nice to get a road win and I share the sentiment of a lot of other posters on here when I say that it was a lot of fun to watch a game with that kind of effort and results!!

Hope this level of play can be maintained for the remainder of the season!

While we are not ready to challenge the likes of Kansas, Duke, etc. on a night in and night out basis it seems as though the kids are starting to get it. We had that bad lapse the last 4-5 min. of the 1st half otherwise we played pretty good. Gatens again was a disappointing non-factor. He's not a clutch player.