Some fun Xmas Predictions for the 2013-14 FB Season

I am not sure about Ghost. Sometimes I think I have to worry about him breaking into my house and slitting my throat while I sleep.

FreedComanche

Ghost derp is way too cowardly for this. Ghost derp is the type that hides behind a girl or throws an old lady out of the way when there is trouble.

Way early but for fun lets predict the following

Record

Off MVP

Def MVP

Most surprising Off Player

Most surprising Def Player

Biggest surprise of the year

I will go with the following:

Record 7-5

OFF MVP - Weismann

DEF MVP - Kirksey

M/S Def Player - Jordan Lomax

M/S Off Player - Barkley Hill

Biggest surprise of the year - I think after a full off season the G Davis offense hits stride and delivers solid points next year (I hope)

Record will be 6-6, O MVP will be Weisman, D MVP will be Kirksey, biggest O Surprise will be Tevaun Smith, D Surprise will be James Morris, Biggest Surprise will be finishing 6-6 after going into last two weeks 5-5.

Record: 5-7

Off MVP: Weisman

Def MVP: Darian Cooper

Most surprising Off Player: Whoever wins the QB job because it will be a surprise

Most surprising Def Player: Jordan Lomax/Ruben Lile

Biggest surprise of the year: Ferentz has his second losing record in 2 straight years and doesn't get fired. I think he will eventually step down if he doesn't have a winning record by '14.

Record will be 6-6, O MVP will be Weisman, D MVP will be Kirksey, biggest O Surprise will be Tevaun Smith, D Surprise will be James Morris, Biggest Surprise will be finishing 6-6 after going into last two weeks 5-5.

I'd love to see Weisman with the O MVP. Not sure how this will be possible with the way he runs. He'll get hurt and will miss too many games to be considered O MVP. Don't you think?

FreedComanche

I'd love to see Weisman with the O MVP. Not sure how this will be possible with the way he runs. He'll get hurt and will miss too many games to be considered O MVP. Don't you think?

FreedComanche

Agreed, it would be great but his health is going to determine this but as well as the o-line healt too. I am also worried that Bullock is going to end up a concussion case. They said he had returning symptoms, that isn't a good sign either. Plus then what, it's Barkley Hill and Canzeri both who had ACL tears.

A $4,000,000 top 6 HC with 15 years on the job, should have Iowa heading into the bye at 6-0 considering the schedule and its logistics. I bet we roll out of Lames at 1-2......or worse.

Record: 5-7

Off MVP: Weisman

Def MVP: Darian Cooper

Most surprising Off Player: Whoever wins the QB job because it will be a surprise

Most surprising Def Player: Jordan Lomax/Ruben Lile

Biggest surprise of the year: Ferentz has his second losing record in 2 straight years and doesn't get fired. I think he will eventually step down if he doesn't have a winning record by '14.

This is as good a guess as any.

I think Iowa gets to a bowl. This year the Hawks were 1 TD short of victory in 5 different games. It's not like the Hawks were blown out each weekend. I know the schedule was soft, but I also think that from a talent/ability/experience standpoint, 2012 was one of the 3 worst in the KF era. No where to go but up. Plus, Vandy is gone. At Christmas, even my 74 year-old mother was telling everyone how she never liked that Vandenburg guy at QB. He just doesn't see the receivers she said. LOL

, but I also think that from a talent/ability/experience standpoint, 2012 was one of the 3 worst in the KF era.

I get so sick of people making this argument. The linebacking core was a disaster. The offensive line played fine until Gettis and MacMillan went down and then they started a smallish 5th year walk-on a guard. Oh yeah, and this is after losing three NFL linemen.

Beyond that, the RB corp was not B1G worthy.

Seriously, people saw a fifth year returning QB and a nice D line and overestimated the rest.

I think Iowa gets to a bowl. This year the Hawks were 1 TD short of victory in 5 different games. It's not like the Hawks were blown out each weekend. I know the schedule was soft, but I also think that from a talent/ability/experience standpoint, 2012 was one of the 3 worst in the KF era. No where to go but up. Plus, Vandy is gone. At Christmas, even my 74 year-old mother was telling everyone how she never liked that Vandenburg guy at QB. He just doesn't see the receivers she said. LOL

I know they didn't get blown out, but I don't feel many of those games were as close as the score indicated. Also by that logic, it goes both ways, you have to look at the fact that Iowa won 2 games by a compined 3 points. They would have been 2-10 just as easily as the other way around.

I do agree from the talent/ability/experience standpoint but don't forget injuries to a very consistent o-line until the PSU game. I do believe that if the o-line would have stayed healthy they might have won 2 more games, maybe 3 but then they would have masked how bad this offense really was strictly from a personnel and scheme standpoint.

I get so sick of people making this argument. The linebacking core was a disaster. The offensive line played fine until Gettis and MacMillan went down and then they started a smallish 5th year walk-on a guard. Oh yeah, and this is after losing three NFL linemen.

Beyond that, the RB corp was not B1G worthy.

Seriously, people saw a fifth year returning QB and a nice D line and overestimated the rest.

How was having the #1 and #4 leading tacklers in the B1G a disaster?

What year are you talking about Gettis has been gone since 2011. He didn't play in 2012

MacMillan didn't start Brett Van Sloten did, every game.

Not sure how Gettis and MacMillan in 2011 effected the offensive line in 2012 that seemed to be just fine until injuries to Austin Bylthe and he was replaced by Andrew Donnal who was then injuried in the PSU along with Brandon Scherff (both season ending).

How was having the #1 and #4 leading tacklers in the B1G a disaster?

What year are you talking about Gettis has been gone since 2011. He didn't play in 2012

MacMillan didn't start Brett Van Sloten did, every game.

Not sure how Gettis and MacMillan in 2011 effected the offensive line in 2012 that seemed to be just fine until injuries to Austin Bylthe and he was replaced by Andrew Donnal who was then injuried in the PSU along with Brandon Scherff (both season ending).

Having a lot of tackles may mean they are getting a lot of opportunities. The other team is running a lot of plays and you are making up for others weakness. Not uncommon for a bunch of tackles being made by a few on the also rans.

Having a lot of tackles may mean they are getting a lot of opportunities. The other team is running a lot of plays and you are making up for others weakness. Not uncommon for a bunch of tackles being made by a few on the also rans.

Greenway and Hodge were on one of the best Iowa defenses ever, they had tons of tackles, same with Pat Angerer. Clearly the defensive line is still struggling but has never been a big tackle stat line at Iowa, same with the defensive backs as well. I get your point but linebackers should always be the leading tacklers on the defense.

If his point was that they were having issues shedding blockers once engaged with them I would have agreed but them being disaster isn't even close, it is borderline dramatic.

Latest posts