Sold out

CFHawk

For anyone thinking of heading to CF, just heard on the radio that the McLeod Center is sold out for tonights meet.

2200 according to UNI's website. I head Schwab wanted it in the West Gym as opposed to the McLeod Center to limit the number of Iowa fans - should be a great enviornment.

2200 according to UNI's website. I head Schwab wanted it in the West Gym as opposed to the McLeod Center to limit the number of Iowa fans - should be a great enviornment.

If true I lose a lot of respect for that guy. He deserves the same criticism Bael Sanderson got for the curtain. Wrestling is a dying sport and needs all the support from fans it can get. This doesn't help the cause.

If true I lose a lot of respect for that guy. He deserves the same criticism Bael Sanderson got for the curtain. Wrestling is a dying sport and needs all the support from fans it can get. This doesn't help the cause.

It had nothing to do with Iowa fans. He grew up in West gym with that great atmosphere of the fans right on top of the mat and wants all home duals in the West Gym as well.

While I agree if the demand is great enough then, for wrestling, it should be inthe McCloud but this is the day of the meet and it just sold out, and there is still a reported 300 tickets being held for students. Iowa fans have had since he was named the head coach and was holding all home duals in the West gym to buy tickets. Don't start ******** now.

if there are tickets to be sold SELL them this sport is a dying breed and the more money you can make from home duals the better...smart move for the night but not smart for the future just my 2 cents

uni is already struggling for revenue

to play devil's advocate....wrestlers are a creature of habit by nature, if coach believes that competing in west gym is what puts them in the best position to succeed, then, like or not, that is the route they are going to take...while agree that in the interest of the sport is having it showcased on the biggest stage as possible, i don't think that any coach would put their wrestlers in an uncomfortable situation solely for that sake...maybe isn't a popular decision, but if it's the right one for the kids, then I suspect that any coach would do the same thing....

if there are tickets to be sold SELL them this sport is a dying breed and the more money you can make from home duals the better...smart move for the night but not smart for the future just my 2 cents

uni is already struggling for revenue

I'd be willing to bet you UNI sold more season tickets to Iowa fans this season because of this than they would have sold single tickets to this one dual if it had been in McCloud.

I'd be willing to bet you UNI sold more season tickets to Iowa fans this season because of this than they would have sold single tickets to this one dual if it had been in McCloud.

Are you sure Iowa fans had to buy season tickets to get a ticket to tonights dual? I am an Iowa fan an I bought tickets last weekend for just this dual. Not to mention a buddy of mine bought tickets Tuesday night and just last night or this morning did the dual officailly "sell out" not to mention the 300 tickets they are reserving for UNI students.

Are you sure Iowa fans had to buy season tickets to get a ticket to tonights dual? I am an Iowa fan an I bought tickets last weekend for just this dual. Not to mention a buddy of mine bought tickets Tuesday night and just last night or this morning did the dual officailly "sell out" not to mention the 300 tickets they are reserving for UNI students.

I know they didn't have to but I know a few that did for multiple reasons, support Doug, make sure sure they got a seat for the Iowa dual, are local and will go to another dual, and they weren't that expensive to begin with.

If anyone has tickets or knows someone with tickets please let me know as I'm looking to go to the meet with friends. However many you can get us would be appreciated. Thanks!

The job of the head coach at UNI is to do everything he can to give UNI a better chance to win. It's every coaches responsibility to help the sport, but the best thing to help the sport at UNI is to win, and if Schwab feels the West gym does that, than he is doing whats best for the sport.

Latest posts