So what about next year?

longtimer

Time to move on.
Starters Murray was good this year and has to be a starter next year. Fredricks really struggled second half but likely starter. From there ?
Guards: Toussaint Perkins, Uhlis,McCaffrey who knows none are really sure bets
Forward McCaffrey probably starts
Post Nunge if he can com back Ogundele not likely
Wieskamp obviously in starting five if he comes back

Has all the makings of an 8th or 9th place team

Connor should absolutely not start next season. Toussaint would be a significant upgrade and I like what I've seen from Ulis. Nunge should be healthy since it wasn't his ACL this time. I assume Wieskamp comes back.

Toussaint with Ulis backing up
Perkins with CJ backing up (or vice versa)
Wieskamp with Connor/Kris Murray backing up
Keegan with Patrick/Kris Murray backing up
Nunge with Ogundele backing up

Or you could go even bigger with Wieskamp at the 2 and start Patrick at the 3. That starting lineup would have a lot of length and should be pretty good defensively.

Doesn't matter really. They will be a bubble team at best and get smashed by a 1 or 2 seed. Maybe even lose in the first round.

If you think CMac and PMac are not starting next year, you really dont follow Iowa athletics that closely.

JoeT
PMac
CJ
CMac
Nunge

We finish 2012, 8 th in the B1G, get a 13th seed and lose in the 1st round or we are a 4 seed in the NIT.

If you think CMac and PMac are not starting next year, you really dont follow Iowa athletics that closely.

JoeT
PMac
CJ
CMac
Nunge

We finish 2012, 8 th in the B1G, get a 13th seed and lose in the 1st round or we are a 4 seed in the NIT.
If Fran truly wants to win, which I believe he does, then there's zero reason to start CMac. He can't shoot or defend. He's not fast or particularly athletic. Basically he can pass and snag an occasional rebound. Guess what? We have 4 or 5 guys on the bench that can also do that but do it better.

Time to move on.
Starters Murray was good this year and has to be a starter next year. Fredricks really struggled second half but likely starter. From there ?
Guards: Toussaint Perkins, Uhlis,McCaffrey who knows none are really sure bets
Forward McCaffrey probably starts
Post Nunge if he can com back Ogundele not likely
Wieskamp obviously in starting five if he comes back

Has all the makings of an 8th or 9th place team
Wieskamp ain't coming back people!!!

Like going to a movie, sometimes good and sometimes bad, but not an Academy Award winner. Go for the entertainment.

The scary thing is I wonder how many years out of the 7 remaining on this long contract will Iowa be in NCAA tourney qualifier?

Because of this is the peak, then the middle and bottom are going to rear their ugly heads as well without generational players like Garza to bail you out to get you to the tourney and get you a one and done.

It’s impossible to predict next year IMO. Will CJ and/or Nunge make it though a season healthy? Ulis and Perkins are good...but how good? How many players in the BT and nationally come back as COVID seniors?

The Transfer portal will be loaded. Do we get a difference maker? What do other teams add?

I like these guys Nunge, JW, Connor, JT, CJ, Patrick, Keegan, Ulis and Perkins. That’s 9 guys that can be competitive.

1 Joe T or Ulis
2 CJ
3 Wieskamp
4 Keegan
5 Nunge

Thats actually a pretty decent lineup. Hopefully it happens and we can get a 6 seed in the dance.

If JW comes back, this is a top half of the conference team. If not, its a bubble team. JW is that important. He is a first team all conference type player next year, so his presence or absence makes all the difference in the world. There is a lot of returning talent around him, but you need a dude, and he is the only dude candidate coming back.

Well the ultimate X factor (pun intended) could still happen with the transfers. I bet we'll bring in not just 1 but maybe 2 guys that may be starting caliber. If you think the last few yrs have been crazy in that regard then buckle up. There's going to be tons of pretty good kids in the portal (already are some) Fran won't be shy to snag a couple I bet and we clearly need an infusion of talent/athleticism.