So we lost today...

DuffMan

Because we lost the battle up front on both sides of the ball and turned it over three times.

That shouldnt stop us from trotting out the same old arguments about the staff and schemes.

Aaron White looks pretty good though. Reminds me of Jess Settles, Ryan Bowen, Chris Street, Jake Kelly, (insert name of former white Iowa basketball player).

Duff,

I'm not one calling for KF's or KOK's or anybody else's head. But it gets kind of old reading your "voice of reason" posts after every loss.

At the end of the day, putting a team on the field that performs well is the responsibility of the coaching staff. If they are losing the battles up front and turning the ball over, those are ultimately on the coaching staff.

If they are losing the battles up front and turning the ball over, the coaching staff should have coached 'em up better not to do those things (yes, you can coach ball protection). If the coaching staff did everything humanly possible to coach 'em up on those issues, then they should have recruited players who are more coachable. If they tried to recruit players that were more coachable, but failed to do so, the coaching staff failed.

It doesn't matter what progression of logical reduction you make, it all ends on the coaches, because it is their responsibility to put good teams on the field.

Again, I am not calling for any coach's head, but if the house is not in order, it is on the coaches. Period.

We are less talented than the majority of the bten teams weve played this year. If that were a regular occurance Id be worried.

Duff,

I'm not one calling for KF's or KOK's or anybody else's head. But it gets kind of old reading your "voice of reason" posts after every loss.

At the end of the day, putting a team on the field that performs well is the responsibility of the coaching staff. If they are losing the battles up front and turning the ball over, those are ultimately on the coaching staff.

If they are losing the battles up front and turning the ball over, the coaching staff should have coached 'em up better not to do those things (yes, you can coach ball protection). If the coaching staff did everything humanly possible to coach 'em up on those issues, then they should have recruited players who are more coachable. If they tried to recruit players that were more coachable, but failed to do so, the coaching staff failed.

It doesn't matter what progression of logical reduction you make, it all ends on the coaches, because it is their responsibility to put good teams on the field.

Again, I am not calling for any coach's head, but if the house is not in order, it is on the coaches. Period.

Would it change your opinion if i said some of the players were seen on mopeds after the game?

We are less talented than the majority of the bten teams weve played this year. If that were a regular occurance Id be worried.

Whose fault is it that we are less talented this year?

Let me give you a hint, it is the coaches'.

In college football, a certain amount of failure is both regular and expected. Where you place the threshold for an acceptable level of failure is a matter of opinion. I think we are still in the range of acceptable level of failure, but make no mistake, when there is failure, it is ultimately on the coaches, regardless of whether such failure is within the range of acceptability or not.

Stop treating folks like they are stupid for putting these losses on the coaches. That is where the blame ultimately belongs.

Whose fault is it that we are less talented this year? Let me give you a hint, it is the coaches'. In college football, a certain amount of failure is both regular and expected. Where you place the threshold for an acceptable level of failure is a matter of opinion. I think we are still in the range of acceptable level of failure, but make no mistake, when there is failure, it is ultimately on the coaches, regardless of whether such failure is within the range of acceptability or not. Stop treating folks like they are stupid for putting these losses on the coaches. That is where the blame ultimately belongs.

I'm not saying people are stupid for saying our staff has a hand in losses. I'm saying people are stupid for saying we lost because we are vanilla, or unemotional, or predictable, or can't develop a qb, or don't play the best players, or don't blitz, or don't use the shotgun, or didn't get McNutt 15 catches, or played Derby ahead of an injured CJ....

I'm not saying people are stupid for saying our staff has a hand in losses. I'm saying people are stupid for saying we lost because we are vanilla, or unemotional, or predictable, or can't develop a qb, or don't play the best players, or don't blitz, or don't use the shotgun, or didn't get McNutt 15 catches, or played Derby ahead of an injured CJ....

So you are saying that EVERYONE else is stupid except for you?

Nice.

986529.jpg

Last edited:
So you are saying that EVERYONE else is stupid except for you? Nice.

Not at all. Although I'd be nervous if anything you said is on that list above.

Latest posts