So Wadley started B1G Championship game...

HawkinGoferLand

I didn't see it really mentioned anywhere on this board or by the sportswriters regarding Wadley starting. We had a healthy Canzeri and Daniels, but Wadley got the nod and the first touch of the game (and 2nd or 3rd). I was excited as soon as he went in motion on opening play of game, knew our staff came with something different in the game plan.

Too bad we couldn't get anything going offensively. Seems as though the plan going into the game was to work the short game and try to establish the run (duh) in the 1st half. Then in 2nd half unload some bombs. Which they did. Man I wish we could have hit Smith on the 2nd deep throw (he lost ball in lights is word) or hit Vande on that deep route (MSU DB holding penalty). Game over.

Wadley caught a few passes (3), those plays may have been Canzeri's had he not gotten hurt, but great to see Wadley excel there.

If we get 1 of the 2 long balls you mentioned and score on the stupid interception play, we end up with 27 points. Of course if we're gunna play the what if game, we have to give MSU their 2 50 plus yard field goals. We win with a final what if score of 27-22.

I think the offense would have done more in the 4th quarter. We just never got the damn ball

If we get 1 of the 2 long balls you mentioned and score on the stupid interception play, we end up with 27 points. Of course if we're gunna play the what if game, we have to give MSU their 2 50 plus yard field goals. We win with a final what if score of 27-22.

Yep, had a long TD pass to Vandeberg on first possession after TD to Smith, but MSU defender knew he was beat and grabbed him for the 15 yard penalty. Iowa got nothing on that drive.

Latest posts