So the sheet says go for 2 when you're up 25......

mattweiss

Someday, and hopefully someday soon, Karma is gonna sneak up and bite Bielema right on the a$$. That is something we would never see from KF at Kinnick or anywhere else - it's about class and respect for your peers. I'm starting to miss the days of the old school classy coaches all across the country - now we have to deal with the likes of the classless like Bielema & RichRod and the psychos like Mike Stoops. I continue to count my blessings that we have the ultimate coach, teacher and leader in Kirk Ferentz. Here's to hoping he never leaves.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFlRIBlyIrw]YouTube - Wisconsin/Minnesota 2010[/ame]

Brewster needs to shut up and do something about it. There is no rule that says when you can and can't score points. As much as I don't like BB, if he wants to go for 2, big deal.

Brewster should've just said "I hope our next coach really runs it up on them someday!"...other than that, do what OUTofTOWN said, let the media fight that one for you.

I doubt that Brewster went out of his way to mention it after the game. It was dick move by Bielema, and his reasoning afterwards was laughable.

Well if you were asked about it you just shrugg your shoulders and smile, you dont comment on it. It was a dick move, and his reasoning didnt make sense. I think Brewster loses this battle though because when your team is that bad just keep your mouth shut, and lay low. I just dont think you want anything they can put on espn or talk about for awhile. When your going to be looking for a new job I dont think this stuff helps.

OK, so I went to check the charts, but the vast majority (all except this one!) stop at 20 point lead. Could we assume it is because it would no longer be considered a strategic deal at this point?

Anyhow, this chart.. Football Commentary: Two-Point Conversion Chart
Says that if Wisconsin felt they had a 66 percent probability of scoring the 2 point conversion up by 25 with 6 minutes left that this was the thing to do!
Well, they FAILED on the call, and the attempt. Glad it was Wisconsin doing this garbage and not Iowa.

In other words... I highly doubt there was a CHART that Biels had that says to go for a 2 pt conversion up by 25 with 6 minutes left. The media should have asked for a copy of this chart he had... who made it, etc. It might explain a lot!

I would hate to see KF's chart... 1) I doubt he has one 2) it would say go for 2, if down by 2 or 5 with less than 2 minutes left or up by 1 or 5 with less than 5 minutes left.... and he don't need a chart for that.

Glad we have a coach that can uses a rare combination of logic and common sense.

I've read both threads on this now. The fact that Brewster has done a lousy job coaching his team doesn't make him wrong in this situation. He had every right to speak out and he doesn't come out of this as the one who looks bad. I completely agree with the OP here and don't like what I see among some of the younger generation of college football coaches. Win or lose I expect the head football coach to represent the university with class. I don't like the jerk that Bielema has become and I would never want to see that from our coaching staff. The laughable comments about the stat sheet just made this worse in my book.

Latest posts