SO PROUD OF THIS TEAM

If only we could open conference play on the road every year. Oh wait never mind.

I used to feel like Iowa was getting the shaft starting on the road for conference play far more often than at home, but ask yourself this: Would you rather have had the squad play at Ohio State in a month, when the students are back in the building and the members of the pep band aren't all at the bowl game? For me, I don't mind anymore seeing the team play a tough road opponent in the most subdued home crowd environment available.

That's the type of win the hawks needed. ONLY negative... Gabe and Woody HAVE to stay out of trouble in B1G play to stand a chance. Other than that, players stepped in when we needed them. Excited for Nebrasketball to come in town!

I used to feel like Iowa was getting the shaft starting on the road for conference play far more often than at home, but ask yourself this: Would you rather have had the squad play at Ohio State in a month, when the students are back in the building and the members of the pep band aren't all at the bowl game? For me, I don't mind anymore seeing the team play a tough road opponent in the most subdued home crowd environment available.

The last six seasons prior to this Iowa's first conference game was at home. So it has been a while since we started conference play on the road. I would much rather get a road win to start out than a home win. That just knocks one road game off the schedule and any road win is a good win, regardless of who you play in conference.

I liked the fact that they hung in there when the going got tough, instead of folding. That is going to pay dividends down the road, as it was a huge confidence builder. Now they know they can win a tight game.

The Hawks showed a lot of heart and hustle today.
Agreed. These are the dividends of not scheduling a cupcake non conference schedule. If we hadn't been tested by Texas, ISU, UNC, UNI, Syracuse in the non-con, would we have been able to pull this out? On the contrary, Ohio State did play a host of cupcakes in the non-con, save for UNC and Louisville.

Nice win for the hawkeyes. I just finally got around to watching the replay of the game. Glad to see you guys get back on a roll :)

Latest posts