So our best DL lineup is...

DuffMan

LE Clayborn
DT Klug
DT Daniels
RE Ballad

Right? I mean no offense to Binns but this has to be the best lineup correct?

No. Our best lineup is the way it is with Daniels being rotated in as the 5th man. He will get his time as a starter next year. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? And are you really willing to say Daniels is better than Binns based on one game vs Ball State?

It's a nice problem to have. You know you're good when you have to ask the question of which lineup is better.

I think the best lineup is to rotate all 5 and keep them fresh. I think this line is going to wreck havoc this year in the Big 10!

No. Our best lineup is the way it is with Daniels being rotated in as the 5th man. He will get his time as a starter next year. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? And are you really willing to say Daniels is better than Binns based on one game vs Ball State?

I'm not comparing Daniels with Binns at all. I'm saying our best unit is him at DT and Ballad back outside. Daniels was absolutely unblockable the entire time he was in. I know he was credited for one sack and 4TFL but the most impressive play he made I think doesn't even show up on the stat sheet.

Ball State called a spot pass. The QB took the snap, dropped one step, turned and threw the ball and Daniels already had him in a bear hug. I mean that was just incredible.

He was standing 2 feet and directly in front of a 300 pound guard and there were half a dozen plays in which no one really layed a hand on him. There are going to be a couple of plays this year in which he penetrates so much he takes a hand off directly from the QB.

LE Clayborn
DT Klug
DT Daniels
RE Ballad

Right? I mean no offense to Binns but this has to be the best lineup correct?

i think it depends on what ballad you're planning to play. rock ballad? love ballad? too many variables here.

while i want to agree with you, i can't see pulling binns out of the starting lineup. daniels is scary though and i wouldn't be mad if this is what happens

What a great problem to have. A really fresh, high-energy guy. I like rotating that fifth guy in there. What a challenge for the opposing 0-line to face a fresh, strong, good DL.

Daniels has been our best DL so far this season but I still like the idea of having him come off the bench fired up and fresh.

I was thinking requisit hair band rock ballad, preferrably "Patience" by Gun's and Roses, or better yet "Heaven" by Warrant.

I think we will consider seeing the same 5 man rotation we have been, I'm just saying if it's 4th down and the game is on the line thats the 4 I want in there.

Perhaps it's the perspective of the image, but look at the size of Ballard, seriously looks like he's half a head taller than Clayborn and 50% thicker. I agree with goods though, this is a great "problem" to have.

defense2010bsu.jpg

Perhaps it's the perspective of the image, but look at the size of Ballard, seriously looks like he's half a head taller than Clayborn and 50% thicker. I agree with goods though, this is a great "problem" to have.

defense2010bsu.jpg

Everytime Penn States freshman QB sees this picture he poops a little.

Our best lineup has them rotating so they're all fresh regardless of who starts. One poster mentioned, this is a great problem to have.

Latest posts