So let me get this straight......

1. Ferentz admits having no knowledge that his record-breaking, star receiver is living with a convicted drug dealer.

2. Barta admits that they have reason to believe that several players were gaming the drug testing system.

3. They admit that even a positive drug test may not result in a suspension.....it depends on the player's current standing.

4. They will not confirm/deny that positive drug tests have occured and won't unless it results in a suspension.....see #3.

5. They will not confirm/deny that any players refused to take a drug test.

And people are breathing a collective sigh of relief at this? Good God, how our standards have changed over the years.

1. Ferentz admits having no knowledge that his record-breaking, star receiver is living with a convicted drug dealer.

1. Does it really shock you that coaches are not aware of every single housing situation? WOW! Maybe that is a parents role?

2. Barta admits that they have reason to believe that several players were gaming the drug testing system.

does it really shock you that people in society attempt to beat drugs tests? You are naive if you think this does not happen across every single college campus.

3. They admit that even a positive drug test may not result in a suspension.....it depends on the player's current standing.

Again, Iowa has a policy and it is consistent with just about every other program out there

4. They will not confirm/deny that positive drug tests have occured and won't unless it results in a suspension.....see #3.

I suspect you are smart enough to know the privacy issues here?

See #4 response.
And people are breathing a collective sigh of relief at this? Good God, how our standards have changed over the years.

I understand you want to make a mountain out of a mole hill....we've seen that from your posts over the last few weeks. The fact is Iowa is doing exactly what it should be doing and that is on par with the rest of the big 10. Best of luck continuing to create news where it does not exist.

1. We already knew this. Ferentz is not their mothers. The coaching staff dictates where first year students live and allows students in good conduct and academic standing to live off campus. I am under the impression that they will be looking into living situations from here forward.

2. Barta says that there was ONE incident where they thought something was suspicious so they tightened up what is already one of the more strict drug testing programs in the conference. His comment was that IF there is one then there COULD be many and they would rather err on the side of caution instead of just ignoring the ONE scenario. That's a GOOD thing.

3. Correct, we do not have a 'if you have a positive test (failed or refused) you are immediately suspended' policy. If a senior goes five years in the program with no conduct issues or academic issues to speak of and they test positive for drug use, I am perfectly okay with that person not being suspended for the first offense.

4. It is not the business of the public or the fans to know the results of failed drug tests.

5. Refer to #4.

1. We already knew this. Ferentz is not their mothers. The coaching staff dictates where first year students live and allows students in good conduct and academic standing to live off campus. I am under the impression that they will be looking into living situations from here forward.

2. Barta says that there was ONE incident where they thought something was suspicious so they tightened up what is already one of the more strict drug testing programs in the conference. His comment was that IF there is one then there COULD be many and they would rather err on the side of caution instead of just ignoring the ONE scenario. That's a GOOD thing.

3. Correct, we do not have a 'if you have a positive test (failed or refused) you are immediately suspended' policy. If a senior goes five years in the program with no conduct issues or academic issues to speak of and they test positive for drug use, I am perfectly okay with that person not being suspended for the first offense.

4. It is not the business of the public or the fans to know the results of failed drug tests.

5. Refer to #4.

Very well said.

I understand you want to make a mountain out of a mole hill....we've seen that from your posts over the last few weeks. The fact is Iowa is doing exactly what it should be doing and that is on par with the rest of the big 10. Best of luck continuing to create news where it does not exist.

Mountains out of mole hills, huh? So being upset at a 7-5 season when they started preseason #9 is making a mountain out of a mole hill? Or being upset that he's had 2 teams in the last 5 years quit on him is making a mountain out of a mole hill? If those are "mole hills", I shudder to think what you consider "mountains".

As for DJK, he's not the freaking 4th string long-snapper. He's basically the face of the program and has had a history of, shall we say, questionable decision-making.

So, if my posts have a history of making mountains out of mole hills, yours certainly have a history of glossing over anything that doesn't conform to your kool-aid drinking ideas of the program. On one hand, you want to praise Ferentz as a god and think he can do no wrong. But when faced with things that don't make him out to be this god that you believe him to be, you pass the buck or blame posters for making something out of nothing. You can't have it both ways pal. If he's responsible for all the successes of the program, then he's also responsible for all the breakdowns as well.

DJK has lived in that house for THREE YEARS, according to his landlord. it is 100% plausible that coach had no clue that Brady Johnson had moved in.

Mountains out of mole hills, huh? So being upset at a 7-5 season when they started preseason #9 is making a mountain out of a mole hill? Or being upset that he's had 2 teams in the last 5 years quit on him is making a mountain out of a mole hill? If those are "mole hills", I shudder to think what you consider "mountains".

As for DJK, he's not the freaking 4th string long-snapper. He's basically the face of the program and has had a history of, shall we say, questionable decision-making.

So, if my posts have a history of making mountains out of mole hills, yours certainly have a history of glossing over anything that doesn't conform to your kool-aid drinking ideas of the program. On one hand, you want to praise Ferentz as a god and think he can do no wrong. But when faced with things that don't make him out to be this god that you believe him to be, you pass the buck or blame posters for making something out of nothing. You can't have it both ways pal. If he's responsible for all the successes of the program, then he's also responsible for all the breakdowns as well.

Your original post had ZERO to do with the 7-5 record and the disappointing season at hand. Nice attempt at completely changing the topic.

Your original post had ZERO to do with the 7-5 record and the disappointing season at hand. Nice attempt at completely changing the topic.

I didn't change the topic one bit. You accused me of making mountains out of mole hills the past couple weeks. Those are your words. My posts the past few weeks have centered around missed expectations of the program. Please pull out a single post I've made since this crap hit the fan. You won't find one because I reserved judgement until people in charge had a chance to talk. They talked and I responded.

So next time you start making accusations, get your freaking facts straight.

DJK has lived in that house for THREE YEARS, according to his landlord. it is 100% plausible that coach had no clue that Brady Johnson had moved in.

When I lived in the adjacent duplex, Adrian Clayborn & Jacody Coleman were his roomates. I moved to Texas in June '09.

Mountains out of mole hills, huh? So being upset at a 7-5 season when they started preseason #9 is making a mountain out of a mole hill? .

images

I didn't change the topic one bit. You accused me of making mountains out of mole hills the past couple weeks. Those are your words. My posts the past few weeks have centered around missed expectations of the program. Please pull out a single post I've made since this crap hit the fan. You won't find one because I reserved judgement until people in charge had a chance to talk. They talked and I responded.

So next time you start making accusations, get your freaking facts straight.

All i need to do is look at your first post in this thread. I dont need to go back and search your history.

Barta also mentioned those tests detect alcohol, which would lead to a positive test.

Should they suspend every person who tests positive for alcohol to make you feel better about it?

Did you listen to the presser or at least read Jon Miller's updates? They basically explained that their drug testing program goes above and beyond what many programs are doing. They spend $70k a year on testing student athletes.

Drug testing is a responsibility of the athletic dept and does not relate directly to the football program. There are no "special tests" for football players and different tests for volleyball. It's all the same and it's all random.

Other programs have the same problems and many of them have much worst problems relating to drugs. As someone said before, this goes on in every facet of society and there is only so much that can be done.

Your 2nd post is completely indifferent from your 1st post. That alone makes it seem like you are trying to cast a negative light in any way you can.

I don't think any standards have changed for awhile. I believe the Code of Conduct that is referred to in the press conference has been in place for a long time. I don't think anyone is drinking kool-aid by agreeing with the standards that are in place, have been in place for a long time, and are essentially the same standards used throughout the entire country. From what I gathered, it sounds like Iowa has even higher standards regarding drug testing than other institutions do.

All i need to do is look at your first post in this thread. I dont need to go back and search your history.

Wait just a damn minute here. You start threads and post in threads talking about how pathetic it is to make baseless accusations with no facts to back them up and then you turn around and accuse me of being someone who participated in those rumors and I call you on it and you still want to claim that? And you're supposed to be a freaking "super moderator"?

You, pal, are the one that's pathetic!

Wait just a damn minute here. You start threads and post in threads talking about how pathetic it is to make baseless accusations with no facts to back them up and then you turn around and accuse me of being someone who participated in those rumors and I call you on it and you still want to claim that? And you're supposed to be a freaking "super moderator"?

You, pal, are the one that's pathetic!

Just for you Rawkhawk.... i will change my comment from "last couple of weeks" to "today". I frankly dont care to look back and confirm anything, most of those threads are long gone anyway. So i will say i am wrong on my "last couple of weeks" comment and that was unfair to you.

Chicken-1.gif

Latest posts