So I was listening to the radio on the way home today...

I was pretty shocked by what Miller had to say as well. Not necessarily that he thought ISU would win, but that he thought they would score 34 points in doing so. He never clarified if they got those 34 off of turnovers deep in Iowa territory or short fields set up by special teams or anything, so I have to assume that he thinks ISU is going to score 4 touchdowns straight up.

I don't know this for sure, but off the top of my head, I think the last time Iowa gave 30 points to anyone was against Purdue in 2007. ISU has some weapons on offense, sure, and they're going to try some things to keep the Hawks off balance, and probably throw in some trick plays. But they're not scoring 34 points.

You have to take what he said for what it's worth. Miller is a betting man, as a previous poster mentioned. I believe he has three bets on this one game (or would if he could. I'm not saying he can't, just don't know if there is anything in his working contract that might negate his 'oppotunity'):

1. He is betting on the over.
2. He is betting Iowa does NOT cover the spread.
3. He is betting Iowa State wins...straight up.

IMO, he only thinks two of the three are really going to happen...the over and the spread bets. However, he is able to put a lot less money on the "Iowa State straight up" bet to statistically hedge one of those other two, with the possibility of hitting it big if all three come in.

Forget about the score he predicted, because in reality, it doesn't matter. He could have said "Iowa State will win 110 - 107" and it's the same 'bet'. He did, however, predict a score that would cause both sides to talk about.

Smart guy, if you ask me.

Interesting how the clown fan says 7 of 12 years... to make the series look more even after the clowns had their little run during the early years after KF took over. It is now 5 of the last 7 and after tomorrow, it will be 6 out of the last 8 for Iowa, and don't forget that before the little run of five in a row, Iowa won 15 in a row.

So including those 15 in a row, that would make Iowa 20 out of the last 27...OUCH.

Again...after tomorrow it will be 6 out of the LAST 8, which will make it 21 out of the last 28....

Now clown fans can chew on THOSE statistics for awhile...

6 of 8... 5 of 7.. 7 of 12... I don't care about any of it.

You play football to win games. Keep pretending that ISU is a HS team... and keep thinking up those excuses for when we win.

You have to take what he said for what it's worth. Miller is a betting man, as a previous poster mentioned. I believe he has three bets on this one game (or would if he could. I'm not saying he can't, just don't know if there is anything in his working contract that might negate his 'oppotunity'):

1. He is betting on the over.
2. He is betting Iowa does NOT cover the spread.
3. He is betting Iowa State wins...straight up.

IMO, he only thinks two of the three are really going to happen...the over and the spread bets. However, he is able to put a lot less money on the "Iowa State straight up" bet to statistically hedge one of those other two, with the possibility of hitting it big if all three come in.

Forget about the score he predicted, because in reality, it doesn't matter. He could have said "Iowa State will win 110 - 107" and it's the same 'bet'. He did, however, predict a score that would cause both sides to talk about.

Smart guy, if you ask me.

Smart guy? I hope you didn't get on board those picks

6 of 8... 5 of 7.. 7 of 12... I don't care about any of it.

You play football to win games. Keep pretending that ISU is a HS team... and keep thinking up those excuses for when we win.

We play football to win games. You play football to end marathon TD-less streaks with garbage time scores against the third string D.

Latest posts