So how motivated will Banjo boy and little red be now?

HaydenHawk56

Another competitive game and another loss. I was thinking if they would have pulled it out, they would have been most definitely motivated by the spoiler role. Technically, they can still be this to us.

I'm guessing they will treat us like their Superbowl. Hopefully, turnover prone and undisciplined Nebraska shows up.

Their largest margin of defeat is 9 points and that was against OSU. No chance in hell this offense can score enough to win

Highly motivated.

Watched the Wisconsin game, Nebraska is talented and they play their asses off. They make *lots* of mistakes (which is why they are 1-7).

They walloped 3 weak teams and have played a whole host of really good teams extremely close. The only team who has beat them by more than a TD + 2 pt conversion is OSU, who beat them by 9. The closest they've had to a truly bad loss was in week 1 vs Illinois.

Massey had their strength of schedule at #10 coming into today (ours is #12). Massey also had their defense at #13. Massey has the game at a perfect 50/50 toss-up coming into this weekend's action. These numbers will certainly all adjust based on today's outcomes of course, but this gives an idea of who we're dealing with here.

If you're looking at their record an inbred looking mfer of a coach and thinking "Hawks should win easy", I'd suggest taking a closer look. They are *not* a cream puff.

They are staring in the face of a looooong off season and have a ranked hated rival (with designs on an Indy trip) coming to their place. If they don't come at us with playoff-level intensity, I'll be absolutely shocked. Walking out of Memorial Stadium with a big L is very much on the table.

I don't know where HN's brain is at, but I'm personally expecting a 60 minute fight. The records are a mirage - we're not as good as 9-2 nor are they as bad as 3-8.

Buckle up.

It's a border game. Neb hasn't given up on the season, as was the hope on this board earlier in the fall. They've fought and played tough with the teams on their schedule. Aside from this being Nebbie's bowl game this year, there's just a real hatred of having a string of losses to an opponent they see as inferior.

It's a border game. Neb hasn't given up on the season, as was the hope on this board earlier in the fall. They've fought and played tough with the teams on their schedule. Aside from this being Nebbie's bowl game this year, there's just a real hatred of having a string of losses to an opponent they see as inferior.
I think the lack of an offensive coaching staff will hurt more in game 2 than it did in game 1 against Wisky.

Nebby is born-again hard, but still an average student, with competitors possibly squeaking by after not seriously prepping for them. Compare OSU v. Nebby, and OSU v. Sparty – obviously a change in prep. As you mentioned, our special teams will help and sounds like Koerner will be back as well.

Padilla presents a new threat not included in Nebby’s playbook last year. He’s not a qualified dual threat as Martinez, but threatening enough to force them to prepare differently. It’s probably time to give Padilla a green light to readily tuck and go (Tate style), versus the somewhat restricted leash he’s likely been on. Sorry for repeating myself that Padilla slides well, unlike our Mr. Petras looking like an ostrich on ice trying to slide.

This will be a tough game against a stout defense, like some of the others that we have not fared well against (Wisconsin, Purdue). And their offense put up 28 on Wisconsin's defense, something that I did not see happening. We do have a big advantage on special teams but it all adds up to an "L" as I see it.

This will be a tough game against a stout defense, like some of the others that we have not fared well against (Wisconsin, Purdue). And their offense put up 28 on Wisconsin's defense, something that I did not see happening. We do have a big advantage on special teams but it all adds up to an "L" as I see it.

If Iowa's really great tackling and positional defense shows up I think they can really slow down and frustrate Nebby. If not then Martinez will make plays with his feet. I am concerned without the experience of Hankins and maybe Koerner playing as far as the passing game. Nebby has schemed for big pass plays against a lot of opponents.

Iowa's run game needs to be mostly straight ahead which worked the best the last two weeks. A lot of the hawk run sweeps get ate up as well as the slower outside zone blocking runs. The straight ahead runs with combo blocking and some pulling linemen and Hback type trap blocks need to be the focus and work to just stay ahead of the chains and wear down the Nebby defense.

If the passing game can just be serviceable for 55-60% and 150+ yards then that will be great.

A lot of bootlegs and letting Padilla run the ball even for a few yards is better than dumping it into the stands. And when Dee linemen have to chase a qb side to side a lot than again tires them out.

I also said during the OSU - Nebby game that OSU coach Day was calling a shitty game, he wasn't using the run game to balance and take pressure off of stroud, and they blew a whole bunch of opportunities. Of course our passing game is like grade school compared to OSU's but I think we can make plays.

Highly motivated.

Watched the Wisconsin game, Nebraska is talented and they play their asses off. They make *lots* of mistakes (which is why they are 1-7).

They walloped 3 weak teams and have played a whole host of really good teams extremely close. The only team who has beat them by more than a TD + 2 pt conversion is OSU, who beat them by 9. The closest they've had to a truly bad loss was in week 1 vs Illinois.

Massey had their strength of schedule at #10 coming into today (ours is #12). Massey also had their defense at #13. Massey has the game at a perfect 50/50 toss-up coming into this weekend's action. These numbers will certainly all adjust based on today's outcomes of course, but this gives an idea of who we're dealing with here.

If you're looking at their record an inbred looking mfer of a coach and thinking "Hawks should win easy", I'd suggest taking a closer look. They are *not* a cream puff.

They are staring in the face of a looooong off season and have a ranked hated rival (with designs on an Indy trip) coming to their place. If they don't come at us with playoff-level intensity, I'll be absolutely shocked. Walking out of Memorial Stadium with a big L is very much on the table.

I don't know where HN's brain is at, but I'm personally expecting a 60 minute fight. The records are a mirage - we're not as good as 9-2 nor are they as bad as 3-8.

Buckle up.

What he said!

Iowa's best chance to win is to get a turn over or momentum changing event early and also take the lead early. Then there is a better chance of them emotionally punching out.

Brian needs to bring his game and KF needs to STFU about it.

There will be no room for the kill the clock and sit on the lead. This game calls for score, score and score some more. Which game did Iowa do that this year?

Highly motivated.

Buckle up.
Well. We are 9-2 and they are 3-8. They don’t win very often. We do.

Iowa's best chance to win is to get a turn over or momentum changing event early and also take the lead early. Then there is a better chance of them emotionally punching out.

Brian needs to bring his game and KF needs to STFU about it.

There will be no room for the kill the clock and sit on the lead. This game calls for score, score and score some more. Which game did Iowa do that this year?
Win...

There is no reason whatsoever to think the Huskers will "emotionally punch out" on Friday no matter what happens. Egads, look at what they've been through the last 4 years, and they still play their butts off on the road down to the wire with Wisky yesterday. With the home crowd behind them on Friday, and everyone hungry to finally get over the hump vs the Hawks after close games the last few years...they may not win, but they ain't gonna tap out.

Latest posts