So...how far do we fall?

Stanzi

We will without a doubt fall behind UNC. They at least lost to Duke. Oklahoma's loss at Texas Tech also isn't a tenth as bad as Iowa's loss to Penn State. Xavier won so they will jump us. Several other teams won as well so with that said I'm guessing we end up around #8 or so.

Last edited:
Number 11 or number 12. But, I think Iowa is playing like a team in the 15-17 range right now. Resume may keep them up there a bit.

We will without a doubt fall behind UNC. They at least lost to Duke. Oklahoma's loss at Texas Tech also isn't a tenth as bad as Iowa's loss to Penn State. Xavier won so they will jump us. Several other teams won as well so with that said I'm guessing we end up around #16 or #17. I would actually be pleased with that because the voters would be well within their duties to drop Iowa out of the rankings altogether. After we lose our last 4 games we will be completely out of the rankings and back to being irrelevant.

I can't decide if you're joking with all your posts tonight.

I can't decide if you're joking with all your posts tonight.

I'm just trying to cope with the loss. I really do think we drop several spots in the rankings. No way you lose to a team this bad and don't drop some.

Last edited:
We will without a doubt fall behind UNC. They at least lost to Duke. Oklahoma's loss at Texas Tech also isn't a tenth as bad as Iowa's loss to Penn State. Xavier won so they will jump us. Several other teams won as well so with that said I'm guessing we end up around #16 or #17. I would actually be pleased with that because the voters would be well within their duties to drop Iowa out of the rankings altogether.

Why isn't it?? :rolleyes:

8-13 is where I'd expect.. depends on what happens this weekend.

I advise you stop posting until you calm down.

These posts are some of the most childish I've ever seen.

I'm hoping somewhere 15-20. Iowa plays better when no one's paying attention to us or expects us to win. You might not like it but it's true.

#11, just a hunch, and hopefully Iowa holds serve going into a week off, re-groups, and settles in for the last push, a great time for a break and a little reflection on what got them there, and ways to improve to win the games you should win....

I think we'll still be in top 10, but I'm just hoping for a 3 or 4 seed at this point. With the way we've been playing lately, the rest of the schedule scares the crap out of me.

8-13 is where I'd expect.. depends on what happens this weekend.

I advise you stop posting until you calm down.

These posts are some of the most childish I've ever seen.

It seemed like a reasonable question based on the loss. I'm not sure what was wrong with my question? I do think we drop into the teens and that's not an emotional response.

Stanzi is WAAAAY over the top with his crash and burn takes and harsh criticism, even by my standards, which, right now, is saying a lot.:eek:
EXCUSE ME? Stanzi is giving a dose of reality that we fans need to face, and that the Iowa players had better face EVERY SECOND until their next game. WHY???

• We've seen this before - just two years ago. And bluntly, no one has ever given an answer as to what REALLY happened with that meltdown. But all the signs that were there two years ago are back again;
  • For a team that, against Purdue (as an example) showed a defensive toughness and aggression that should have carried us through the season, we have just given up 150 points to two of the three worst teams in the league, barely winning one of the two games;
  • For a team that looked like it has SO many options offensively, we are looking more and more like a team that, if you can shut down Uthoff (which is probably defined by keeping him under 20 points as Penn State did last night), you will probably beat Iowa. Sure enough, no else except Jok got more than 6 - and there are just too many times when you watch the TV and wonder where we are going to get our points from;
  • Ultimately, if our two main Sr. guards keep shooting a combined 25% from the free throw line, we are going to lose, period. By now it is clear that will not change, not with these two.
Having said that, I've never been happier about the basketball players getting a week off as I am now. If they are tired, here is their break. If they need to figure out new schemes, they have the time. If they just need to get re-engaged, and be reminded they are still co-leaders in the B1G, this is it. And if Fran needs to spend a week doing nothing but making them watch the nightmares called our last two games, there it is.

It seemed like a reasonable question based on the loss. I'm not sure what was wrong with my question? I do think we drop into the teens and that's not an emotional response.

The question is reasonable for sure. But the dropping to the teens not being an emotional response is silly. There's no way they drop from #4 to the teens after that loss. Their RPI, Kenpom, and every other statistical measure says otherwise, so making that statement just sounds Cycloney!

I would expect a drop to the 8-10 range. But they will not be lower than top 10. Regroup with a week off and finish 4-0 or 3-1 at the very worse.

Seeing some of these posts today is like wandering over to the Cyclown board. Hilarious!!!

Maybe with other Top 10 teams losing, Iowa stands a chance of staying in the Top 10. But if everyone else had won, I think Iowa would probably drop to the 10-12 range.

The question was fine. The answer you gave to your own question was either emotional or ridiculous or both.