So far, no leaks?

FreddyBrown

I haven't read anything yet that seems to be a "confirmed leak," if there is such a thing. There was a report on all three sites yesterday about Barbee being "near the top of the list," but I'm not convinced that was more than spec.

I was reminded while browsing the other day that last time around there was a period of time (hours, not days) when it was widely believed that Majerus was a done deal. I don't know if he was ever even a candidate. Also, I don't think we even heard Lick's name until just before the announcement.

I guess one of the most basic truths of life is that people sworn to confidentiality will talk anyway, but unless it comes from Parker (probably not), Barta (not unless he's desperate and testing a bottom-of-the-list name), a member of the committee (has it even been established yet?), or the candidate himself, where does it come from?

So I'm thinking, there's no doubt we're going to hear a lot of "stuff" before someone is hired, but we may not hear anything reliable short of (1) Coach X announces he is not interested, (2) "permission has been granted to talk," or (3) an announcement that someone has been hired.

If that's the case, though, why am I torturing myself on the message boards 12 hours a day? :)

Good post Freddie,my thougts exactly on why I am on here so much. About the only thing I do know is this. We want Pearl and have no chance of landing him. Myself,I do not want Keno Davis and he does not want the job. I also do believe we have no chance with Pastner,the Memphis coach. I quess my thoughts are that the best chance we have with a known coach may be Barber,from UTEP,Dixon from Pitt and maybe Stallings. I think Forbes will not get a look!

I'd forgotten about that. KFAN, the big sports radio channel in the Twin Cities was reporting Majerus as the next Iowa coach.

I don't know why someone would be on these boards looking for a new coach to be hired, because it isn't going to happene anytime soon. Freddy, if you would have just listened to me, I said on Monday that they wouldn't hire a coach this week. Why don't you ever listen to me?

Trust me, Barta is going to do this right. He isn't going to do it fast. Don't look for him to get too excited like the fans are.

You're not going to know anything that is "for real" until an announcement is made. Much like the Majerus thing last time around.

As for why you're spending so much time looking and hoping for some information, you must have too much time on your hands. :)

In the modern age of coach hiring I would be very surprised if there are leaks. The search is essentially done through professional consulting firms, who contact coach representatives and conduct preliminary negotiations far in advance of any interviews.

These firms are very professional, leaky information is bad for both their employer (the school) and the potential coaches. I don't think we are going to have much clue who the candidates were, the amount of interest, ect... All we will know is who the coach is when that is announced.

I have visions of Cartman playing World of Warcraft for days on end and yelling " Mom! BATHROOM " as she slides a bedpan under him.

You're not going to know anything that is "for real" until an announcement is made. Much like the Majerus thing last time around.

As for why you're spending so much time looking and hoping for some information, you must have too much time on your hands. :)

Actually, most of the 12 hours I spend is between dusk and dawn, when I must return to rest in the soil of my homeland.

I have visions of Cartman playing World of Warcraft for days on end and yelling " Mom! BATHROOM " as she slides a bedpan under him.

That's curious, because I always pictured FB looking like this...

1008_cartman_bigger-500x386.jpg

;)

The only leaks are likely going to come from the prospective coaches telling family or close friends. And that is probly a stretch. Three years ago I don't recall anyone chatting about Lick at all.

The only leaks are likely going to come from the prospective coaches telling family or close friends. And that is probly a stretch. Three years ago I don't recall anyone chatting about Lick at all.

I can't recall, but was Lick even on the radar? On the "prospective lists" for being the next Iowa coach? If I remember correctly, he was basically out of left field.

Latest posts