So can we go get Mike Davis already...

i was going to rip on you, but then i went and read up on this guy, he is exactly the kind of guy we should be going after...Anyway of finding how much he makes at UAB?

i was going to rip on you, but then i went and read up on this guy, he is exactly the kind of guy we should be going after...Anyway of finding how much he makes at UAB?

I was getting ready to call you an ******** but then I realized you agreed with me.

ya i didnt know this guy did get a head coaching job and seems to be doing very well there, plus it looks like he would have some connections for recruiting..this would be a good hire..well on paper he looks good...what kind of offence does he run?

I remember how much people at Indiana hated this guy but i wouldve traded Alford for him in a snap

I dont know the exact numbers but he did take them to a natl title game where they played Maryland in the most boring title game since the Civil War

Ok, guess I forgot about that. It didn't seem like they did a whole lot after that though. They did get to the NCAA Tourney every year I think, but alot of 1st round losses if memory serves.

Not like I follow the in's and out's of Indiana hoops - what was Davis' recruiting like there? Did he take that team to the title game with Knight's talent, and did the level of talent slip after that? I don't remember who Davis' recruits were, vs. whose were Knight's.

Ok, guess I forgot about that. It didn't seem like they did a whole lot after that though. They did get to the NCAA Tourney every year I think, but alot of 1st round losses if memory serves.

Not like I follow the in's and out's of Indiana hoops - what was Davis' recruiting like there? Did he take that team to the title game with Knight's talent, and did the level of talent slip after that? I don't remember who Davis' recruits were, vs. whose were Knight's.

Good question - i dont remember either. Almost positive that the deep tourney run was the year after knight left. I would look it up but i have a fear that i would see a picture of the ugliest college player ever, Mr Tom Coverdale

By the looks of his first couple years, I would guess that most of his success was with Knight's recruits and then it looks like they struggled a little bit when they started graduating.

Anyway of finding how much he makes at UAB?

From Wikipedia:
"On April 24, 2007; the University Board of Trustees rewarded Coach Davis with a 2 year contract extension. The contract which now runs through the 2012–2013 season features a base salary that was increased to $625,000 from $600,000 annually. He is also eligible for increased incentives, including $35,000 for taking UAB to the NCAA Tournament, $75,000 each for a Sweet 16 appearance and a Final Four appearance and $100,000 for appearing in the national championship game. The buyout clause in the contract was increased from $500,000 to $625,000. This contract is fully guaranteed."

Iowa can easily out pay UAB.

From Wikipedia:
"On April 24, 2007; the University Board of Trustees rewarded Coach Davis with a 2 year contract extension. The contract which now runs through the 2012–2013 season features a base salary that was increased to $625,000 from $600,000 annually. He is also eligible for increased incentives, including $35,000 for taking UAB to the NCAA Tournament, $75,000 each for a Sweet 16 appearance and a Final Four appearance and $100,000 for appearing in the national championship game. The buyout clause in the contract was increased from $500,000 to $625,000. This contract is fully guaranteed."

Iowa can easily out pay UAB.

Even after they buyout Lick? That number has to be pretty high considering he's got 4-5 years left on his current deal, doesn't he?

Even after they buyout Lick? That number has to be pretty high considering he's got 4-5 years left on his current deal, doesn't he?

I feel like with the state of the program there has to be some big donors screaming for Lick's head, who are also willing to pay for it.

He is a strong recruiter in the Southeast with Smith out of Atlanta and DJ White out of Bama. The year after he left, Sampson took his leftover talent and had a couple of strong years. White was a stud.

I think at IU,he got caught in the vice between Knight loyalists and the KKK yahoos,and got a raw deal. I would consider him.

I have to point out the trend of this board hiring a new coach every few days. Keno talk has died down and now its onto Mike Davis. I know its fun to talk about but i would guess Lick is here next year and this is all a waste of time

On the other hand, the other option is discussing the teams performance

Nevermind - talking about future coaches is more fun

The sads thing is that I could have brought up any number of names with major college experience and you an make an arguement for him. The one thing that I think has to to be a must is getting a coach his major confrence experience.

Latest posts